IMRC questions

FATAL4.6

Exhaust Driven
Established Member
Hey guys..

As you may know I bought my car modded the way it is now. Well I got it dynoed the other day because I was hearing detonation and thought it my be going lean. Well we dynoed and it put down 330hp on a mustang dyno:shrug: The air fuel though was at 9:1 as soon as it got in the higher rpms. It seems odd though because Sean hyland tuned it and they saw 420rwhp on there dynojet and nothing has been changed since then. I figured it should have put down atleast 380 on a mustang dyno....anyways.

If my IMRC's aren't opening obviously it would be down on power but here is the tricky part....It's blown so the FMU kicks on with the boost...Could it be that they are closed and the MAF can't compensate for the FMU and it just is that rich cuz the motor is choked. Is there anyway to check the IMRC controller?

thanks guys. just wanna make sure it isn't a hardware problem before I drop a bunch of cash on something I don't need

MatchStick

Master of the drunken pee
Established Member
Not speaking from expierience but from what I've read you dont need the IMRC's with a blower. I'm sure someone can confirm this.

Jwilliams

Resident Pimp
Established Member
You can look behind your upper intake manifold and have a buddy give it a rev, you should see two wires move which is them pulling the butterflys open.. but like match said you should just delete em.

FATAL4.6

Exhaust Driven
Established Member
just checked and they are opening. I'm actually kindof dissapointed....hoped that would be the problem.

freakshow12

Established Member
your mustang #'s seem close compared to what mine has run. mine pulled 360 on a mustang and across town pulled 468 on a dynojet:shrug: hyland tuned my car too and it is rich but I chalked it up to my o/r x with no mil's yet. I wouldnt remove the imrc's though. I think they still help down low when your not making boost.

freakshow12

Established Member
Re: Re: IMRC questions

Originally posted by PGreenSVT
I think I found your problem.

I never had any issues with hyland but my work was done some time ago. the car was very crisp until I changed to the o/r x. and even then I am happy with the power. the mil's should help some.

FATAL4.6

Exhaust Driven
Established Member
yeah I've called seanhyland and they have quite possibly the worst customer service ever I hate those guys. I atleast figured that the car wouldn't be detonating or that rich.

Hey Freakshow. How can you tell if you have MIL's or not? Does it throw a code or just turn the check engine light on. I have neither but am wonding if my car couldn've been the same way...

freakshow12

Established Member
well my light has never came on, but it got really rich after the x pipe install. hyland said he turned the light off because I had told him the pipe was coming. fp and everything is ok so I am assuming its the mil eliminators I need. I bought some so I will let you know if they work.

Users who are viewing this thread