imrc's

my94pony

addicted
Established Member
hey guys i'm in the process of taking my intake off to clean my imrc's (i wont be deleting them) and im wondering how should i go about cleaning under my intake hat and the lower intake manifold?

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
I'm cleaning my imrc's right now too. This job sucks lol, so hard to get all that carbon out!

97svtman

Established Member
you will spend no money when you take them apart you will see the screws on the butterflies take the screws out and the butterflies come out piece of cake the rod stays attached.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
berrymans b-12, its like brake cleaner except it kicks butt on all that carbon about 3 times as fast, you can spray it off and not even have to scrub in most places it works that well. I cleaned my imrcs and secondary intake valves with this

ZeroDCX

Established Member
berrymans b-12, its like brake cleaner except it kicks butt on all that carbon about 3 times as fast, you can spray it off and not even have to scrub in most places it works that well. I cleaned my imrcs and secondary intake valves with this

This man knows what he's talking about. Plus it's cheaper than the alternative too! Used it on my valves with a toothbrush and was done in a matter of minutes... cleaning anyway.

my94pony

addicted
Established Member
you will spend no money when you take them apart you will see the screws on the butterflies take the screws out and the butterflies come out piece of cake the rod stays attached.

thanks for the advice but again i am not deleting the imrc's at this time

and alright guess im getting some berrymans b12, thanks alot guys

Last edited:

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
I went and got a big plastic bucket and hosed all the parts down with brake cleaner about 3-4 cars worth..

luke87gt

Established Member
Although I am probably 5000 miles into my IMRC deletes with no CEL on my '96 (still a mystery as to why it's not spitting a code), most people who delete the IMRCs require a tune to get rid of the CEL or need to execute the spring method to trick the PCM. Remember, you can't pass smog with a CEL in most states... if that's a factor for you.

my94pony

addicted
Established Member
Although I am probably 5000 miles into my IMRC deletes with no CEL on my '96 (still a mystery as to why it's not spitting a code), most people who delete the IMRCs require a tune to get rid of the CEL or need to execute the spring method to trick the PCM. Remember, you can't pass smog with a CEL in most states... if that's a factor for you.

Yeah Im not doing them yet because I'm afraid I'll have to get a dyne tune and it's not worth it with my bolt ons IMO

Users who are viewing this thread