In dash DVD player

99BlackL

Established Member
Looking at getting an in-dash system because some of buttons on the stock system fail to light up anymore. Dont want to spend alot of money on a new one, but I always thought the In-dash screens were pretty sweet. What do you guys think of this? http://www.chinavasion.com/product_info.php/pName/2din-car-dvd-player-touchscreen-65-inch-tft/
I know its a wholesale website, but there is a warranty. Cant decide if I should go against my better judgment. Let me know what you guys think, and more importantly will it fit?

Here's a whole list of In-dash screens if anyones interested.
http://www.chinavasion.com/index.php/cName/car-dvd-players

SVTxXxFreak6

TSAFE MOTHER****ER
Established Member
I have a motorized touch screen from clarion which is amazing, does all and more, pops out when I need it and keeps it out of sight when I'm gone. Plays mp3, cd, dvd, tv, radio and I can hook it up to a xbox or playstation with the right adapters lol. Id stick with a well known name brand. Those seem a little to cheap to be good imo.

acwalsh8

Kenne Bell and SCT PRP
Established Member
If you get a shitty indash you will be upset. I have an alpine and can definitely notice differences in picture quality when I get in someone elses ride that cheaped out. Now dont get me wrong....Im not saying getting a deal isnt sweet and Im not mr moneypants or anything....just giving advice.

GTPvsSVT

crunk
Established Member
Product Reviews
Rating: 5 of 5 Stars! khan from dubai
Submited By: khan on 01/14/2007
this product is verey good AVERY ONE A WANT A BY THE PRODUCT
Rating: 5 of 5 Stars! Two din touch screen
Submited By: Lamond,U.S.A on 01/12/2007
The 6.5 din dvd player .You love 5.1 sound and best thing is touch screen cant for git about the clear picture .In all this is one of the top product made. Your Product are the best.

I'd be cautious of the quality...

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
Pioneer Z1 for the win, I'm actually about to put this screen either in the Tahoe or Corvette and just picked up a Pioneer Z2, no need for an Ipod with the 30 gig built in hard drive, plus the navtraffic is cool, push the T button and tells me where wrecks are and what routes to take

IMG_0058.gif

Z7What

Powered By Eaton
Established Member
I have the Kenwood Double Din. I bought it many years ago for 1500. Now you can get the TV & NAVI for right at 1000.00 on ebay.

519892.jpg

Wayne

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Clarion. I LOVE EM. I have the double din in my truck and the single fold down version in my wifes Bronco. Does all of the happy shit that most others do but I love the Ipod interface. It all goes through the touch screen and the Ipod never comes out of the console.

DSCN1219.jpg

DSCN1220.jpg

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
RIDE THE said:
Clarion. I LOVE EM. I have the double din in my truck and the single fold down version in my wifes Bronco. Does all of the happy shit that most others do but I love the Ipod interface. It all goes through the touch screen and the Ipod never comes out of the console.

Thats what I love about the Pioneer Z1, no need for an iPod with the 30 gig built in hard drive

txyaloo

Established Member
Z7What said:
I have the Kenwood Double Din. I bought it many years ago for 1500. Now you can get the TV & NAVI for right at 1000.00 on ebay.

Wayne

I'm running the DDX-7015 too. Bought it new the day it came out for my mustang. It's a great headunit. You can pick them up on ebay now for $300-$500. I'd like to have one of the newer ones with the updated UI, but as long as this one keeps working I'll keep using it.

AlanSVT

Established Member
I am thinking about getting the Kenwood 6919 off of Ebay its like 800 bucks with the whole Nav system.

Looks to be a good system.

Kodiak kid

Established Member
BC Lightning said:
Pioneer Z1 for the win, I'm actually about to put this screen either in the Tahoe or Corvette and just picked up a Pioneer Z2, no need for an Ipod with the 30 gig built in hard drive, plus the navtraffic is cool, push the T button and tells me where wrecks are and what routes to take

IMG_0058.gif

Where did you get your gauge pod? I want one:bowdown:

1sweetSVT

too low
Established Member
AlanSVT said:
I am thinking about getting the Kenwood 6919 off of Ebay its like 800 bucks with the whole Nav system.

i dont think that unit comes with nav system built in, i think its an expansion thing....IIRC the 7919 (or whatever the next model up is) comes with nav built-in...

1sweetSVT

too low
Established Member
AlanSVT said:

i dont think that unit comes with nav system built in, i think its an expansion thing....IIRC the 7919 (or whatever the next model up is) comes with nav built-in...

txyaloo

Established Member
I think the 6919 package off ebay comes with the KNE-G510 SD/Hard drive based nav system.

Kenwood has a new DD unit - the DNX7000 I believe that comes with built in nav, 7" screen, and all the goodies. I really like it.

Too bad my DDX-7015 isn't worth much any more, or I'd consider selling it to buy one of the newer units.

Users who are viewing this thread