in need of some new rubber.

FreSh03Gt

Established Member
My nitto's are bald..... no more DR's for me. I only drive the car on weekends and i'm not too hard on it so what tire do you recommend?

i have stock 04 cobra wheels.

i was thinking 275 gs-d3.

thanks for any help.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
My nitto's are bald..... no more DR's for me. I only drive the car on weekends and i'm not too hard on it so what tire do you recommend?

i have stock 04 cobra wheels.

i was thinking 275 gs-d3.

thanks for any help.

Thank you for the post!

The F1 GSD3 is certainly one of the best performance tires on the market. I understand that you only drive your Cobra on the weekend but tell me a little more about your driving conditions. Will the new tires be run year round? What key features were you looking for out of your tires? Did you have a budget set for this purchase?

Thank you for you patience and I look forward to your response.

Last edited:

FreSh03Gt

Established Member
Thank you for the post!

The F1 GSD3 is certainly one of the best performance tires on the market. I understand that you only drive your Cobra on the weekend but tell me a little more about your driving conditions. Will the new tires be run year round? What key features were you looking for out of your tires. Did you have a budget set for this purchase?

Thank you for you patience and I look forward to your response.

I only drive on nice DRY sunny days through the summer. I just want a nice tire that will stick if i need it to and won't get me killed if i happen to get caught in the rain.

I also like the looks of the GS-D3's

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
^
Thank you for the additional information.

Based on what you are telling me, I would recommend the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 and I would also encourage you to look into the new Nitto NT05. Here's a couple links with more details...

Both tires really hold their grip well. The NT05 has a little softer rubber compound with more contact patch so you can expect better dry traction. The NT05 is also getting great reviews in terms of wet traction but considering the tread depth, once you put some wear on the tire you will loose some of the wet weather performance. The GS-D3 will do well in wet conditions throughout it's life.

Users who are viewing this thread