"****in Pontiacs"

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
Late Saturday night after Hoopfest (largest 3on3 basketball tournament in the world) were heading home from a little mini-golf. Needless to say it's a 4lane rd, spd limit 30 and the cruising haven for Spokane.

Anyway I'm just headin' home, no cruising, and come upon 4, count um, 4 cars w/in 50ft of each other that all want to play. Fox body 5.0, newer s2000, 94/95 gt vert, and the piece de le resistonce and 04 GTO.
After playing awhile and the fox yelling over his lady saying, "that ain't no 4.6!!" and giving the ol' thumbs up, I bust around in the ending lane and get back to the middle. At this point it's now 3 lanes, and a red light.

GTo to my left, GT to my right, the s2000 behind, an the fox had turned off.

Early 30's guy in the goat w/ a big cheesy-ass grin messin w/ the stick, he says "There ain't no cops out tonight!" We, both look at the GT, he's a full-on jerk thinkin he's the shit, you know the type, backwards hat w/ his left arm so stiff on the wheel it looks like he's holding a "9".

Green.

We both spin, I hook before he does and just pull, didn't really look to see how far back he was by time I hit 90 but he was no longer in my periphreal vision. The poor gt didn't stand a chance. I cruise throught the next few lights, and let him catch-up. He pulls up still w/ the cheesy ass grin and throughs his hands in the air and said "I tried, *(shakes his head)*, ****IN PONTIACS".

I laughed and just said "yeah but they sure are comfy" "feels German" is what I said. Only in the next few seconds did I see what an ass comment that was, but it wasn't intended that way.

He laughed, gave the thumbs up and turned off.

Nice guy, good times.

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
I used to do the lean a bit when younger. I found out the hard way early on that emergency moves are much easier and more precise when you're closer to the wheel and straight up. I don't lean anymore and I damned sure don't put my hat on sideways. Makes my head itch...

The BigSHO

Established Member
Black2004Cobra - do you ever go to the Airway Heights track?

My son had his GN at the track last Friday. Its still not dialed in right yet but was one of the last car standing Friday night. He is only running 13 lbs boost. He will dial up to at least 24. Even at 13 lbs, its probably a mid/high 11second/120mph car. He didn't even want to race that night. He just wanted to practice launching it. He ended up beating a newer z06 and a newer LS1 TA.

We have a couple more weeks of work to get the GN race ready - frame stiffeners, better brakes, line lock, slicks, etc. He can't even build boost by power braking. The brakes won't hold it. Its a mash the gas and go. Its still nasty and will be even nastier soon.

Early 30's guy in the goat w/ a big cheesy-ass grin messin w/ the stick, he says "There ain't no cops out tonight!" We, both look at the GT, he's a full-on jerk thinkin he's the shit, you know the type, backwards hat w/ his left arm so stiff on the wheel it looks like he's holding a "9".

I don't wear a backwards hat but I do drive with my left arm on the top of the wheel. How do you drive? I mean, the reason I drive like that is because holding the top of the wheel gives you most control, and my right hand is on the shifter.

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
90 in a 30? GOOOO!!!! Seems like the cops would be all over that "cruising haven"....

Good kill! I would like to run upon one of those at the track one of these days. I need to make it out to the track anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread