In relation to my wheel thread - are Hankooks 295s going away?

funair02

Established Member
Does anyone know what is up with the Hankooks.
I used to be able to find them everywhere - ebay, google shopping etc...
Now on google shopping it only shows 3, small unknown dealers. Tires-easy doesnt show them anymore. They used to be the cheapest.

Have they been discoed?

fishin-nole

Bone idle and work shy!
Established Member
Do that dry rot on the sidewalls if they get to be 5 yrs. old? My Toyo's are 6 yrs. old and the sidewalls are cracked bad, and the tread looks almost new.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Do that dry rot on the sidewalls if they get to be 5 yrs. old? My Toyo's are 6 yrs. old and the sidewalls are cracked bad, and the tread looks almost new.

I'm having the same issues with my 5 year old Nittos, but sadly it does mostly sit. I drove it today for the first time in 6 months and had to put some air in one tire.

What are the best general use tires? I've had the OEM Goodyears and now the Nitto 555s.

fishin-nole

Bone idle and work shy!
Established Member
I'm going back to Goodyears. I know they are pricey but, they are a softer tire and I don't drive the truck as much anymore. These Toyo's are hard and they squeal like a little girl when you get on them.

Also my spare is a goodyear and it has no dry rot on the sidewall.

Last edited:

2001SVTTRUCK

Established Member
It's true, I live in a small town and friends tell me they can hear me when I get on it from across town.:rollseyes

Funny, my friends all tell me all they can hear is my 'charger screaming it's ass off. Got 20" badyear eagle rsa all around and a new set of 18" 305/45 MTs and half used 295/45 'kooks for the track.

Found some 'kooks here...

Hankook Tires Ventus ST RH06 295/45R18 108V BW A/S

Hankook Ventus ST RH06 Tire 295/45R18 108V BW A/S

HANKOOK TIRE VENTUS ST RH06 - Starting from $124.00 Featuring Free Warranty and Free Freight - Tires from Performance Plus Tire

Hope I helped... :beer:

funair02

Established Member
Funny, my friends all tell me all they can hear is my 'charger screaming it's ass off. Got 20" badyear eagle rsa all around and a new set of 18" 305/45 MTs and half used 295/45 'kooks for the track.

HANKOOK TIRE VENTUS ST RH06 - Starting from $124.00 Featuring Free Warranty and Free Freight - Tires from Performance Plus Tire

Thanks...did you notice they aren't at the 'normal' internet stores anymore?

And wow almost $200 now...

GT4U2NV

Cobra converted coupe!!
Established Member

Ive called all 3 of those places plus many others that claim to have em in stock but when you get ahold of them, they dont have any in stock and say that Hankook has them on a national back order. What sucks is i need 1 lol. I have a bubble in one of mine and i dont want to have 2 diff brands of tires on the truck. So if anyone has 1 they would like to sell i would be willing to buy it. LMK

02SILVERBULLET

horsepower addict
Established Member
Does anyone know a vehicle besides the L that uses our tires size?

Someone once told me one year of the vette in the late 80's or early 90's had them. Others argued the good year made the tire specifically for the Lightning when they were new.

2001SVTTRUCK

Established Member
I also have heard that Goodyear made the 295/45R18 Eagle F1 specifically for the Lightning, in 1999. It's gonna suck when we can't find tires for all of our beatufil trucks.

2001SVTTRUCK

Established Member
Thanks...did you notice they aren't at the 'normal' internet stores anymore?

And wow almost $200 now...

Yes I have, tirerack.com and discounttiredirect.com only show the F1s for the Lightning. I currently use my 20" wheels with 295/45 Eagle RSA rubbers for the street but they are not cheap either.

funair02

Established Member
Someone once told me one year of the vette in the late 80's or early 90's had them. Others argued the good year made the tire specifically for the Lightning when they were new.

I had a late 80s Vette, and have known many 'vette owners. They didn't have our size.
And yes, Good Year made the tire specifically for Ford.

Users who are viewing this thread