In the Market for a Terminator, need input

black93svt

Whats up guys, I currently own a First Gen 93 Lightning and a nicely modded 88 Tbird, so speed is an addiction of mine. Having said that Im currently in the market for an 03/04 Cobra. Now Ive been looking and from what Ive seen $25k seems to be average for a nice ~15kmile 03 Cobra. Ive heard/read several issues that I want to clear up however before I buy one and I also want to know things to look for and be aware of.

I know to look for "the tick", is it more prominent on the 03s? Ive heard it is defective valve guides. How can I identify the sound?

TOB/Clutch problems, recalls and info would be great.

Shimmy, shake, vibrations and at what speeds. I know a friend of mine is already having trans problems on his near stock 03. Also any recalls?

Generally any other things I need to look for and try to avoid when test driving the car, you guys know these cars much better than me so thats why Im asking.

I dont plan to go crazy on the mods, but maybe a catback, JLT cold air, and possibly a pulley if even that. Ive got a track toy already which the Tbird and just what something reliable and quick for the street. Thanks guys.

Ronnie

Last edited:

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
black93svt said:
Whats up guys, I currently own a First Gen 93 Lightning and a nicely modded 88 Tbird, so speed is an addiction of mine. Having said that Im currently in the market for an 03/04 Cobra. Now Ive been looking and from what Ive seen $25k seems to be average for a nice ~15kmile 03 Cobra. Ive heard/read several issues that I want to clear up however before I buy one and I also want to know things to look for and be aware of.

I know to look for "the tick", is it more prominent on the 03s? Ive heard it is defective valve guides. How can I identify the sound?

TOB/Clutch problems, recalls and info would be great.

Shimmy, shake, vibrations and at what speeds. I know a friend of mine is already having trans problems on his near stock 03. Also any recalls?

Generally any other things I need to look for and try to avoid when test driving the car, you guys know these cars much better than me so thats why Im asking.

I dont plan to go crazy on the mods, but maybe a catback, JLT cold air, and possibly a pulley if even that. Ive got a track toy already which the Tbird and just what something reliable and quick for the street. Thanks guys.

Ronnie

Most if not all of this info can be found on this site just by using the search function. You will find more testomonials, trials and tribulations dealing with all the questions than on any other site.

Also, all recalls and TSB's can be found on the svt website or by calling svt.

Welcome Aboard BTW!!!

Users who are viewing this thread