In the market for an ATV/UTV. Knowledge Welcome

slingshot

Established Member
Putting in a plug for Artic Cat. We have an '07 250 ATV 2 WD, bought it new. Runs great, new battery every couple of years, change oil and filters regularly and have had zero problems--and it gets ridden hard (I have 3 sons age 17-22... ). Also have an '09 Prowler 700 XTX fuel injected UTV. Again--zero problems except my kids jumped it so many times it busted the Turf Saver differential... did some research and then put in a spool out of a lower level Prowler and it is bullet proof. Made in the good 'ol US of A.

Spyderbell

No Time for Gas
Established Member
polaris make all others its bitch.
automatic
simply the best 4x4 system out there.
best seat in the business.

get a used sportsman 500. 2012/13

This guy knows what he's talking about. Honda's are great but the polaris machines are beasts. I play this game all day and would buy either but the Polaris is the way to go

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
This guy knows what he's talking about. Honda's are great but the polaris machines are beasts. I play this game all day and would buy either but the Polaris is the way to go

Going to have to agree, sportsman seems like they are the best polaria for utility use. And I am a Yamaha only kind of guy. I've seen recons blow CV axles more then once

kaz109

Established Member
I will be getting a turbo maverick just a soon as i hit the lotto. You can get a clean 04 cobra for the price of one of those. I believe they are $23k new. :eek:

Looks wise I prefer my Polaris XP41K but I haven't driven a turbo maverick yet.

awful knawful

Established Member
Going to have to agree, sportsman seems like they are the best polaria for utility use. And I am a Yamaha only kind of guy. I've seen recons blow CV axles more then once
Recon is a 250cc 2x4 with shaft drive and a solid rear axle. There are no CV joints on a Recon......

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
I have a 15' Polaris scrambler 850 and it has way more power than needed and is very comfortable. I rode a 1000 and its retarded fast lol.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Just bought my father in law a Kubota RTV400, 4x4 gas with a 16hp Subaru motor.
Will go anywhere and perfect for your situation.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
My dad ended up making the trade for the 2004 Rhino and I went down to check it out. I actually liked it a lot and the only thing I'd change is the aftermarket exhaust because it's stupid loud and change the lights to an LED light bar. My dog was loving riding in the back and the wife was keeping a low profile. I'm actually considering selling my two quads and buying this from my dad. Roll cage was rhino lined, had removable metal doors, aluminum wheels, winch, etc.

2015-05-17_zpslm3goq7w.jpg

2015-05-17%201_zpstug8praz.jpg

big dad

Established Member
See my avatar. You can use it year round plus it's amphibious. 6 wheel drive, all terrain, and has a 2x2 receiver hitch. Top speed 20-25mph. You can also get a track kit for it, plus a plow.

Users who are viewing this thread