in the quest for high 400hp numbers

mata

Established Member
hope this thread fits in this section of the forum.

so the deal is that I just got a bone stock 03 cobra, mint condtion, and of course have plans to start modifying it as soon as possible.
unfortunately there are two things that hold me up with this project.
fist being the knowledge when it omes to modding this car....i`ve been aroud this forum ever since it started, but unfortnately never looked deep into the tech sections.
and secondly, the monetary issue.
this being a new car for me, I am very short on founds, so i think i could only perform the basic performance upgrades at this time so I am asking you for a path to follow to reach my goal of high 400`s when dynoing the car. please let me know what you think and what else will i need to reach this number.

1.-tr6 plugs (the only think i dont know is at what gap to set them)
2.-jlt CAI
3.-some sort of cat back + x-pipe (any suggestions accepted)
4.-BF 2.76 pulley + corersponding belt (decided on this pulley setup, since i am trying to spend the least possible, but once again, any suggestions
accepted)
5,-a nice tune performed by AMAZON (they seem to be the most reliable tunning source)

I am pretty sure i wont reach my goals with this setup, so what do you guys think i will need other than this?
thanks for your time.

lucheski

Established Member
You should get a 100MM Aux Idler with that pulley otherwise you may have problems with beltslip. The Metco units are the only ones my tuner never seen break but they all should work.

I have got Magnaflow catbacks and they sound good, dont get the BBK X pipe they have a curious bend in them and hang low.

Yellow2003

Genetically lazy
Established Member
Well....
I think that will net around 450-460rwhp with a nice safe tune.

And welcome to the 'club' :beer:

(As for the 490 range, a Stieg ported blower with that set-up should do it)

mata

Established Member
thanks a lot guys
once again, i`ve been around this forum for a while now, even though i owned some other vehicles, will update you with any progress of the car

any commets about a heat exchanger?

BackInBlack

Established Member
Cooling mods are good for the car but you won't really see much of a performance upgrade. It helps the "life" of the engine though. And lower temps mean more power. I am doing cooling mods as soon as I get the go ahead from the WIFE. Is this going to be a daily driver?

SteelersVenom06

Fade to Black
Established Member
+1 on the idlers.....belt slip = HP loss. A dyno tune is also much better than a mail order tune....not sure which direction you planned on taking. As I'm in a similar boat as you, look into some of the preventative mods as well as performance mods. Don't get me wrong, I want to go as fast as possible with lots of HP, but I want to do it as safely as possible. It's tough to not spend like crazy on these cars, but if the funds aren't available, just take your time, do it right, and eventually you'll get where you want to be (then that won't be good enough and you'll start over :coolman: )

I'd slap on an IRS brace if you plan to drive the car agressively as well as the LDC or Evenflow cooling mod.

Good luck and welcome to the addiction.

snake134

mata said:
any commets about a heat exchanger?
if your going to get a 2.76 billetflow pulley, getting a HE down the road would be a good idea, if you go 2.93 you could go without it but it would still help a lot because these cars run so hot! i roccomend lightning force performance's dual pass HE

Users who are viewing this thread