In the Spirit of Intake Spacers: UDPs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmsux

Denial ain't just a river
Established Member
I have searched and all the "classic" posts provide no concrete answers except for "ifs and buts". I want to know how many people have actually broken their oil pumps with UDPs. That's it. No flames, old posts or anything else needed.

How's this thread working out for the info you wanted? :burn:

BTW, after the last round of this debate, I installed the steeda UDP set that has the large damper on the front and is SFI with an ARP bolt torqued to 120ft.lbs. and I'm still waiting for the dreaded failure. I shift at 7k and everything is smooth. I do have an aluminum flywheel and I think this part is often overlooked in these UDP discussions. What is the impact of using UDP with stock heavy flywheel vs. aluminum? Surely there is an effect.

Either way, it's been about 5 months, no failure. Damn. I was hoping for a good excuse to build a forged teksid... :lol:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
:lol:
WTF?! Then why do you even bother posting if you are so convinced it's a problem. The posts are regarding the same failure. The dude hasn't logged in for almost a month so I'm not going to waste my time in trying to PM him. A lot of people (not just me) are unconvinced that the UDPs are the devil. I am looking for people that have had this failure and can say without a shadow of a doubt the UDPs are the cause. If that isn't you and you have nothing constructive to add then stay out of the thread.

FWIW the quote I posted up is from less than 1 day before the one you posted, and the only thing that changed his opinion (from the posts I read) is you telling him it was the UDPs. Sorry, strike two and three.

When did I say it was a guarantee that the motor will blow if you install UDPs? Quote it. Several times in this thread I have stated IT MAY OR MAY NOT. Hell, I can send you to members on the registry from both sides of hte fence. Installed and damaged, installed and running fine for years, 100+ passes etc. The ONLY point I'm making is there is an increased risk involved. Do you not know what russian roullette is? You may or my not fire that bullet.

"FWIW" - there is no strike one, let alone two and three. You can't read the PMs we swapped...now can you?

It's obvious you have made up your mind and have only made this thread to stir the pot. There's PLENTY to search on. Should've just started this thread in SD. :bored:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread