Inconsistent boost?

SVTHorsnake

Banned
... so I just got my kit on (see sig) and I'm making real inconsistent and not to mention, low boost until well past redline when it starts evening out... why? It feels pretty solid but it's annoying watching that boost gauge flutter like that...:bash:

SVTHorsnake

Banned
Originally posted by Booyah
Belt slippage or bypass is sticking open.

I have one of the best BOV's made and I just greased it... on top of that, I can see it under the hood and see it function so I'm going with slippage... what kind of solutions are there to slippage besides swapping out pullies or going to an 8-rib?

Liv4Spd

Established Member
I think Anderson Motorsports makes a fix for this, they usually have an add in 5.0 or MMFF mags

SVTHorsnake

Banned
Thanks to all of you... I subscribe to 5.0 so I'll look a little deeper for it, and I'm going to try to find that gel you speak of... it doesn't by chance say "5W-20" on it does it?:p So yeah, this is going to get interesting...

akaeric

Established Member
I'm not sure what your running did you sypass keeps your boost ay you have a blow off valve or you turboed or SC'ed I just never heard of a blow valve on a SC if thats what BOV stands for they are for turbos .Anyway if you are running a Cobra one is make sure the traction control is turned off because it will bring your boost down and secound do a bypass thats all its good for is bypass keeps you at full boost at full throttle thats the only thing it does

Users who are viewing this thread