Infiniti G35 sedan...

blowncoupe89

Established Member
Thinking of selling my notch and picking up a Infiniti G35 sedan. Anyone own one and have any thoughts on the G35 sedan? Pro's - Con's? Anything to look for when buying one?

Mika

Established Member
Get an '05 or newer. The '03's and '04's are the ones that have the brake pads that wear really, really quickly. And most of the time you have to replace the rotors when you replace the pads because the rotors wear with the pads. Think $500 front brake job(rotors and pads). The '05's have better rotors and pads. You may pay a few dollars more initially for a newer car, but you'll save.

The only other things I really see going bad with them are window motors and power seat motors. Some early '05 6 speeds had problems with oil consumption, but I do believe there is a bulletin for that.

They're actually a pretty decent car. Good power(for what they are) with a comfortable ride. I wouldn't want to dissuade you from getting one, but these are the problems that I saw when I worked at Infiniti.

Mika

Last edited:

JasonSnake

Established Member
they are sweet cars for sure. They've got turbo kits for them as well. Get one with a sunroof if you can!

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Good choice in my book. I am currently saving a grand a month while I am forward deployed to get a G37 2 door coupe when I get home. -Shane

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
I am in the same boat, will be getting a G35 in a month or 2. The 05 have a better interior, come with an mp3 player and look a little nicer. Other then that I think they are the same. Check out g35driver.com , some guys are toolbags over there but overall pretty friendly. If you get a newer one, you can also sell it for more money when you decide to get rid of it so it might cost the same to drive per year.

Figure out how much you can spend on the car and go from there.

Sirhc7897

Established Member
I have a 08 G37S and am very fond of it. At 6' tall it is a little short on headroom but I just fit.....Replaced my Lightning as my DD for a while until I got a new diesel Chevy that is now my DD. I've put about 15k on the Infiniti and have been nothing but pleased....

I have driven a 08 G35 for a total of a few days (they give me one whenever I drop the G37 off for service and I had one for 2 days while they replaced the rear portion of the exhasut for a rattle) and I have been very pleased with them. Even the base model G35 comes fairly nicely equipped and it is plenty quick for what it is. Headroom is also much better than the coupe. They're a little short on torque for my taste but the motor is quite rev happy and makes good power in the upper rpms. Exhaust note has a nice sound too it also...It's no V8 rumble but it's certainly no rice box...Only problem is the car is so well insulated for sound you can only hear it with the windows down...

Can't go wrong with one IMO...Very nice cars but... You're going to pull low 20's for gas mileage on premium...Find yourself a nice windy road where you can stretch it out a little and throw it agressively into some turns and you'll come away very impressed...

Last edited:

jshen

Established Member
Ok- some negative...I like Infiniti...a lot...but Nissan is a cheap **s company and have been late- very late- in the transmission dept. Of all the luxury sports sedans..it is the last one with an antique 5 speed auto! I hear the FX is about to get a 7 spd tranny..and I hope that will cover the entire line. It would give performance AND gas mileage a boost....and what is up with keeping the 3.7 exclusive to the coupe??

I should not say Nissan is cheap- they have been focused on the big trucks..and I guess have paid little/no attention to their competition which is a big mistake. If the tranny is upgraded, I will probably be looking at them. Even the Cadillac CTS has 6 speed auto........

Last edited:

90slow50

90slow5.0
Established Member
I have an 07 G35S (sedan of course). It is my wife's DD, and we absolutely love it. If you get one you won't be disappointed.

Common

Established Member
Great car..........do it.

I can actually try to get you one fairly cheap if you're interested shoot me a pm.

*not a private sale but rather a wholesale dealer*

Last edited:

Jack32v

Slow Lane..
Established Member
I own a 2004 Infiniti G35x (awd) and I love it! I did op for the 2004 just because when I was shopping for a car I found an 05 and an 04 but the 04 had factory navigation, the awd, and had lower miles than the 05. Yes the 05 has been updated compared to the 04 but I love my g35x. Gas millage is a little poor (22-23mpg on the highway) and you are suppose to use the good stuff for gas. Over all it is a great car, handles very well and has a little bit of get up and go!

jf4boogie

Established Member
Need I say more?

5-2c.jpg

5-2a1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread