Infinity for Breakfast

VenemousShadow

Go Cats!
Established Member
After months and months of dealing with only ricers, this morning I finally got to go against a challange. I was driving home and I saw one of the new G35's zipping though traffic, and I thought to myself, hmmmmm maybe he'll try to run me. As luck would have it, We missed the next light, both of us at the front of the lane side by side. The guy driving it was about my age, I looked over a couple of times but he didnt look back so I thought that maybe he wouldn't go. So rather than looking like a moron hammering it off the line only racing myself, when the light went green I hit it about half throttle. As I'm nearing the top of 1st I hear this loud exhaust next to mine (sounded surprisingly deep) At that point its on, so I shift to 2nd and hammer it. He stayed near the back of my car, by third I started to gain but there was a truck in his lane up ahead so we both slowed down. I was surprised at how quick that car is.

Parsons

Established Member
Was this race in your Cobra if so since when is a G35 a challenge?

I'm not trying to start crap its just that I had no idea G35's could roll out like that.

VenemousShadow

Go Cats!
Established Member
Yah it was in my cobra, perhaps what made it such a challange was that I might not have been in the correct gear for the speed we were at (shifted from 1st early on) that and I haven't had many chances to race so I'm definaltly not the best 03 Driver out there

97snake

Attorney at Law
Established Member
I have a 97 Cobra- see sig. and I drive my dad's G35 often. Stock v. stock ( G35 v. 96-98 Cobra) it would be close. The reason why it was close is becasue you didn't know he was racing and he was on it form the very start.

Just keep an eye out for the TT G's. I saw a new Z ( same engine) running 106+ traps with that set up.

Edit- Just noticed you have a new Cobra- He musta had some serious mods to keep up with you. You would walk me w/ your Cobra and I kill my dad's G by 7+ car lengths every time we race.

Last edited:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Great Kill!

At least these guys like a good challenge. They're quick no doubt. Most Z's and Infiniti's can hang back there about 4-5 car lengths and should prove a stick in the mud for older Cobra's and newer GT's. :beer:

NVNM8OR

Established Member
My friend has a G35. He and I ran one night from a stop. He said his trac -control bogged him. (I doubt that much) I launched much like the original post, but spun hard through first and part of 2nd and still pulled him pretty good. It seemed to put up more of a fight than the 350Z I tangled with one night. Just my $.02. Really nice cars.

04HillzGT

Established Member
nice cars but trust me they aren't competition for the new Cobras I just dusted a new stock g35 and am waiting for a real run with a 350z, leave those cars to us GT's and older Stangs they aren't worth it for you guys with the 03 unless they are heavily modded

Users who are viewing this thread