Info Needed - 2V 4.6 Eaton Kit

OZ Dude

Going Crazy Down Under!
Established Member
Hi All,

I have a mate who purchased a slightly broken (bent valve) 2V 4.6. He's going to put it in his hotrod but wants to give it a bit more go go.

I know I've seen instals of Eatons from 03 Cobras on 2V motors so I need to know who does the conversion kit for this.

Before anyone gives advice of porting or putting KB's or Whipples on he's not interested. He's seen the Eaton on my Cobra and wants that. It's not a huge HP rod, just something with a bit more poke than normal.

As the motor has a bent valve, he's gonna do a full strip down / rebuild so he'll be after lower comp pistons, and anything else that would benefit the motor with the Eaton.

He also wants a full shop manual on the motor but I'm guessing Steve (FordSVTparts) can sort me out with that.

Any info would be greatly welcomed.

Thanks,
Oz

dogmush

Established Member
I think the old Allen Engine Development kits used an Eaton. But I haven't seen one of those in a while. You could use mostly cobra parts with some work, but you'd need a 2V manifold. Which might be hard to find. Maybe a modified (narrowed) lightning manifold? It's already got a bent valve, so might I suggest 4-valve heads? Then just slap the cobra parts on.

OZ Dude

Going Crazy Down Under!
Established Member
Thanks guys

dogmush - so can you buy a pair of 4V heads and bolt straight onto a 2V motor? Obviously you'd need the different intake manifold but seriously is that all it takes??

sunburned - thanks for the links! That kit is pretty pricey. Was hoping to snap up a used eaton from someone on here - I wonder if that kit will accept the standard eaton, that would bring down the price considerably.

OZ

Users who are viewing this thread