Info needed: Kenne Bell 1993 Cobra kit

big frank

Stang Freak
Established Member
Would like first hand info from anyone using this kit from Kenne Bell (TS-1000-C) specifically for the 1993 Cobra. Would like to know if you ahve been happy with the kit, how the install went, and if there has been any problems since the install.

I have a stock 93 Cobra that I would like some extra HP on. Not looking to drag race it, and I dont care about (and wont be) the fastest on the street. Just want the reliability of a stock engine with an extra 100 or so HP. Also want to be able to return to stock and not have the car all cut up or modified looking.

Why Kenne Bell? I believe I can get all of the above with them, and also look stock from the outside. I like my 3.08 gears as I get almost 25mpg on the hiway so I want to keep them. And since you have full boost at almost any RPM, there isnt any reason to change them out. KB says tis kit with a stock Cobra engine will produce 310-315rwhp which sould make this car even more of a blast to drive.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide...

Last edited:

BelvedereGTX

Banned
those numbers dont sound that good. Go with a centrifugal and make over 400hp. If you want 310rwhp you could go with just h/c/i and it will be cheaper

big frank

Stang Freak
Established Member
03silversvt said:
those numbers dont sound that good. Go with a centrifugal and make over 400hp. If you want 310rwhp you could go with just h/c/i and it will be cheaper

My origional post stated that I didnt want to cut up my car, so tapping into the oil pan isnt an option. Also dont want to change gears, so the centrafugal charger isnt what Im looking for at all. Also, too many problems with the h-c-i as California smog laws are tough and this car is a driver, and I dont want to pull the engine apart (35k mile origional).

This isnt something I havent thought about considreably, that is why I posed the origional questions above.

300-350hp is where I want to be. Its enough for what I want to do, but its not really enough to break alot of stuff. Capish?

BelvedereGTX

Banned
big frank said:
My origional post stated that I didnt want to cut up my car, so tapping into the oil pan isnt an option. Also dont want to change gears, so the centrafugal charger isnt what Im looking for at all. Also, too many problems with the h-c-i as California smog laws are tough and this car is a driver, and I dont want to pull the engine apart (35k mile origional).

This isnt something I havent thought about considreably, that is why I posed the origional questions above.

300-350hp is where I want to be. Its enough for what I want to do, but its not really enough to break alot of stuff. Capish?
I didnt see the cali part dude. Yeah the h/c/i will screw ya. TTT for you

big frank

Stang Freak
Established Member
03silversvt said:
I didnt see the cali part dude. Yeah the h/c/i will screw ya. TTT for you
Thanks man. Unfortunatly, they have screwed up our state in many ways. I would leave here, but my family likes it here, and I have a business. Gotta make money to have toys!

Oh, and we can only get 91 octane at the pumps... :mj:

BelvedereGTX

Banned
sheesh. no assault weapons and no modding the crap out of your car. Yeah, i would leave. Come out to pa. The seasons change here and you can do what you want. Sorry for phucking the thread up. u might want to start a new one so it can get more hits

big frank

Stang Freak
Established Member
03silversvt said:
sheesh. no assault weapons and no modding the crap out of your car. Yeah, i would leave. Come out to pa. The seasons change here and you can do what you want. Sorry for phucking the thread up. u might want to start a new one so it can get more hits

Yeah, the assult weapon thing is the chitz also. There are ways around some things...;-)

Users who are viewing this thread