Info on RAM, Spec, Fidanza Twin disc clutch setups

Pete's 03

Where's my eating helmet?
Established Member
The time has come to replace the clutch as the TOB is shot and I'm just going to do everything while its apart. I always like to get the good stuff in situations like this where its not really easy to get to and may add a bunch more power sometime in the future. I was checking out the options on Lethals website, and I am thinking about the Ram or Spec Twin Disc setups. I had a twin disc setup in my TT Supra and loved the fact that it drove so easily and smoothly for a clutch capable of handling 800 ft/lbs.

It looks like Fidanza and a couple others make the twin disc setups now also so I'm open to any suggestions.

Ram...

Ram 99-04 Cobra/Mach-1 Street Dual Disc Clutch Kit (26 Spline) [90-2220] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

Fidanza...

Fidanza 96-04 Cobra/Mach-1 6.5 Twin Disc Clutch Kit (26 Spline) [389465] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

Spec...

Spec 03-04 Cobra SS-Trim Super Twin Disc Clutch Kit (26 Spline) [SF87SSTT] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

I was also thinking of doing the input shaft upgrade as well, but I plan on doing all the work myself and was curious on how difficult it was to change. I have yet to search much but is there a good write up here or anywhere on the net that anyone has seen for doing the clutch/input shaft? I've done several clutches in the past, mostly on imports but I've never torn into a trans, not even sure if it's required for the input shaft...

Thanks in advance for any help...

Users who are viewing this thread