initial impression of lethal performance 93 aggressive tune....

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
installed the tune as specified. it pinged bad enough for me to lift and baby it back to the house. when i say ping, it was outright knocking badly. afraid i was going to shatter a piston. i only run 93 octane.

so i retuned it pulling 5 degrees of timing globallby and wellah. the car is absolutely awesome. im gonna dyno it and mess with the timimg to get it safe and max power. i may get the pro racer for the car and do some fooling myself.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
installed the tune as specified. it pinged bad enough for me to lift and baby it back to the house. when i say ping, it was outright knocking badly. afraid i was going to shatter a piston. i only run 93 octane.

so i retuned it pulling 5 degrees of timing globallby and wellah. the car is absolutely awesome. im gonna dyno it and mess with the timimg to get it safe and max power. i may get the pro racer for the car and do some fooling myself.

That's definitely not right. You shouldn't exhibit any signs of pinging or pre-ignition detonation with the Lund tunes we offer so long as you use the octane level the tune was made for. Is it possible that you were running a lower grade octane or had a bad tank of gas?

Also,
Your 2011 is equipped with an adaptive octane learning feature. If the knock sensors pick up any knock at all they'll pull timing from the tune. It will then keep that lower timing curve until another tank of gas is put in the car and the car senses no knock. At that point the computer will start adding timing. It works the same way with running better fuel as well. The better the fuel the more aggressive timing curve the computer will use until any type of knock is seen by the knock sensors.

With that said I don't see why you would have to manually remove any timing. That's something the computer does on it's own.

If you have any other questions or experience any other issues please feel free to give us a call.

Thanks, Jared

assasinator

Established Member
im not critical of the tune. i love it. but it did knock like hell. i didnt give it time to adapt. two hard pulls was enough for me to pull the timing. ill add it back on the dyno, but not till then. i cant explain to the dealer why i shattered a bunch of pistons. the tune is great. the car is absolutely bad ass. im just telling the truth. my experience.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Nice talking to you on the phone. Go ahead and give me a call back as soon as you make those changes or throw some new gas in the car and we will get it figured out. Stay in touch.

Matt

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
Well im not sure about Lethal but EVOlution Performance has great 93 octane tunes also, 1st into the 11,10,9,8's with 2011 5.0 !!!
Lethal is a great shop so somethin is not right bro

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Well im not sure about Lethal but EVOlution Performance has great 93 octane tunes also, 1st into the 11,10,9,8's with 2011 5.0 !!!
Lethal is a great shop so somethin is not right bro

Weezee,
Thanks for your kind words about our business. We do our best to make sure all of our customers have a pleasant experience when purchasing parts from us. In regards to the tunes we offer they're all done by Jon Lund of Lund Racing. He's the one that provides Evo with their tunes as well. Hope that sheds some light on the tuning subject.

One correction I'd like to make though. Not taking anything away from Evo as Fred and Nelson have made some amazing accomplishments with not only the GT500's but the new 5.0L's as well. However they were not the first into the 9's. Richard Lelsz from Strictly Performance was actually the first into the 9's with the 5.0L.

http://www.stangtv.com/forum/strictly-performance-powers-their-2011-gt-6975.html

Thanks again.
Jared

assasinator

Established Member
ok, i wanna update what ive done since the first problems.

i ran two tanks of gas through it.
after two days i added 2 degrees of the 5 i took out with no pinging.
the next day i reflashed the tune as written with no timing taken out.

the car ran fine. and is still runing fine. i have no idea why it had issues the first time. im using gas from the same station. i have gotten gas from other BP stations in other places since. i do know the motor would not have survived the initial tune/gas. the fuel trims have had time to adapt and its stronger than ever.

I AM VERY SATISFIED WITH THE TUNE

IM GOING TO BUY MORE THINGS FROM LETHAL. i will probably buy everything i get for the 2011 from them. i needed to say the things in this thread because they happened.

Last edited:

BLK93GT

Established Member
Damn, I could read this from the other room!!!!!! LMFAO

And that can happen with gas!!! Go to the stations with the newest tanks and don't fill up right after they have there tanks filled. This is what I was always told at least.

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
ok, i wanna update what ive done since the first problems.

i ran two tanks of gas through it.
after two days i added 2 degrees of the 5 i took out with no pinging.
the next day i reflashed the tune as written with no timing taken out.

the car ran fine. and is still runing fine. i have no idea why it had issues the first time. im using gas from the same station. i have gotten gas from other BP stations in other places since. i do know the motor would not have survived the initial tune/gas. the fuel trims have had time to adapt and its stronger than ever.

I AM VERY SATISFIED WITH THE TUNE

IM GOING TO BUY MORE THINGS FROM LETHAL. i will probably buy everything i get for the 2011 from them. i needed to say the things in this thread because they happened.

That sounds a lot better. Just be happy you don't own a modded Lightning.

Users who are viewing this thread