Injector dimmension question

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Someone help me out here. Is the diameter of the injector at the intake bore determined by the O-Ring (a larger O-ring on an injector for a larger intake bore) or is the actual intake end of the injector larger?

So in other words, if I had an injector designed for a 15mm intake bore (IE some LS engines) and everything else was the same as a GT500 (14mm rail bore, 48mm height) would I be able to use that injector if I simple swap the O-rings on the intake side?

I guess another question would be is the O-ring groove any different between the injectors?

I can get a set of ID1000's at a great price that came out of an LS motor. They're 1000.48.14.15.8's and the GT500 calls for 1000.48.14.14.8's. I'd assume that the '15' vs. the '14' is the intake bore diameter, I just don't know what determines that diameter.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Everything other than the intake bore size is identical, or so I'm told. Are you saying that those things are all different?

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Never mind, I think I'm picking up what you're putting down. The 15 means 15* spray angle (pattern), not the intake bore diameter?

Users who are viewing this thread