Injector size for 03' Cobra with KB?

umustdv8

Established Member
People with 03' Cobra w/ KB only please.

What injector size are you using? Any drivability issues?

Don's Bolt

Blown Stang
Established Member
I can't speek for Cobras, but I am running 50# injecectors on my Lightning with a KB. I don't have any driveablity issues, it runs awesome.

Wildcard

Established Member
I'd say 42's; 50's at the extreme. However, you'll have to buy or find some injector harness to adapt your injector harness to the 42# injectors.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
According to Kenne Bell the stock 39# injectors are fine for their Blowzilla for the 2003 Cobras. In the newest MM&FF they ran a test car that sill had stock injectors and swapped head units. The kit does come with a Boost-A-Pump which increases the voltage to the stock pump and increases it's speed by around 50%

umustdv8

Established Member
I ordered the KB kit and spoke to the boys at Diablo Sport. They say I don't need bigger injectors or the boost-a-pump with the 15 psi pulley, but I got the pump just in case.

Diablo is about .5 miles away from my office, so I'm hoping Willie will tune the car. Thanks guys.

Last edited:

Wildcard

Established Member
Lucky. You've got a tuning headquaters .5 miles from you. I'd die for that opportunity.

umustdv8

Established Member
Yeah, it is kind of nice having Steeda, DiabloSport and UPR in my neighborhood :)

zepfloyd69

in regards to the injectors, lets say that you were using the stock injectors with the boost a pump and had a custom chip burned, now according to the mmff article they claim that the stock injectors are fine even up to 21psi of boost, BUT how would you know if you needed larger injectors, would the air fuel ratio help in determining this or something else? thanks for the help on this one

umustdv8

Established Member
Originally posted by twin screwed03
in regards to the injectors, lets say that you were using the stock injectors with the boost a pump and had a custom chip burned, now according to the mmff article they claim that the stock injectors are fine even up to 21psi of boost, BUT how would you know if you needed larger injectors, would the air fuel ratio help in determining this or something else? thanks for the help on this one

I would think that on the dyno, if the air/fuel ratio is low and you're not able to add more fuel at certain RPMs to maintain a safe ratio, then you're out of injector and need to upgrade to larger ones.

umustdv8

Established Member
Originally posted by twin screwed03
umustdv8 just curious, where in south florida are you located and whos doing your install on the kb, good luck with it

I'm in Boca Raton and I was thinking of installing it myself, but I think I'm just going to let Chad at Steeda do the install. Then drive the car with no chip to Diablo, so Willie can tune it.

Obviously, with no chip, I won't take it over 3,000 rpm until the tune is done. Does this sound safe as long as I don't get on it? Diablo said to do this, because I ordered the kit without the KB chip knowing I was going to use a Diablo chip.

Who installed yours?

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Originally posted by umustdv8
I would think that on the dyno, if the air/fuel ratio is low and you're not able to add more fuel at certain RPMs to maintain a safe ratio, then you're out of injector and need to upgrade to larger ones.

This is true. Sometimes the MAF gets pegged with SC cars and it can't send the right reading to the EEC for proper fuel mixture. More air is flowing over it than it can read. I doubt that would be the case on the 03 Cobras and L's. They have a better flowing MAF that is designed for SC'd applications from the factory. Pegging is more for the NA cars that add an SC on stock MAF & injectors.

Users who are viewing this thread