**Injector size & oil seperator questions**

2001F150SVT

SVT RED
Established Member
I have an 01 L with 30K, with mods listed below. Next mod is gonna be a bassani catback and then some traction bars and then im gonna chip it ... just tryin to do the little things first ... anyways with these mods and a possible future for a KB, what size injectors should I get?

And I just installed the oil seperator and in about an hour I had some oil in it ... that makes me think I should probably clean out my plenum? My truck has 30K miles, do you recommend this?

Thanks
~Mike

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
stock injectors are good up to 450-500RWHP

50# injectors are good for 450 RWHP-600 RWHP

55# injectors are good for over 600RWHP

60# injectors are good for over 650RWHP...

you dont have to be making those kind of numbers though to be running 60# injectors. im putting in 60# injectors and plan on putting down only 500RWHP, leaving myself room to gain if needed.

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
- 4 lb lower (JDM)
- AEM brute force intake
- Accufab throttle body
- Boost bypass (JDM)
- Phenolic intake spacer (JDM)
- Factory tech valve body
- NGK-TR6 plugs (JDM)
- Deep sump tranny pan (JDM)

you did these mods already without putting a chip or reflashing the computer with the predator and a custome tune?Dude your missing out! I would do the computer before getting the exhaust.

2001F150SVT

SVT RED
Established Member
brucewrs said:
- 4 lb lower (JDM)
- AEM brute force intake
- Accufab throttle body
- Boost bypass (JDM)
- Phenolic intake spacer (JDM)
- Factory tech valve body
- NGK-TR6 plugs (JDM)
- Deep sump tranny pan (JDM)

you did these mods already without putting a chip or reflashing the computer with the predator and a custome tune?Dude your missing out! I would do the computer before getting the exhaust.

Yeah i was going to chip it a few times but I wanted to get little things outta the way and then chip it so I wouldnt have to sent it out to be reburnt ... but I guess with alot of them today you dont even have to do that? I dont know, I just figure all these little things help, and then I will chip it one day soon and everything will all just come together and it will be like xmas :beer:

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
Once you get it tunned its going to feel like a totally different truck.good luck...

MaxPower

She likes Spaghetti
Established Member
Don't chip it - get a tuner for it. No messing with the computer contacts, no accidental popped out chip, etc...

2001F150SVT

SVT RED
Established Member
thanks guys, how bout the other part of my question? I put in the oil seperator and got a good amount of oil real quick which makes me think I should take off the upper plenum and clean it out. Do you recommend this and is it an easy process? Ive pullled most of it apart before for the phenolic spacer and the throttle body ... thanks

Screaming01L

Go Fast or Go Home
Established Member
at 30 K my IC was like lee's fried chicken. Very geasy and runny...... So yes a cleaning would definately not hirt. Ohh and while you have the blower off... Get it ported :). After alot of searching, I opted not for the seperator, but the breather option via the JAZ mini can.

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
I would take it apart and clean it out...and clean the intercooler out as well. I cleaned mine at about 40k miles and it was bad!! now im just waiting to get a new intercooler from ford, bc its leaking and messing up the way my motor runs...

You are running a 4# pulley, and you have no tune what so ever?umm you might want to get it tuned before it starts pinging....

Users who are viewing this thread