Injectors & Pumps

BlownPony306

Established Member
Looking for some recommendations on injector size and pumps. I have an 08 GT500. It has a full offroad exhaust. I am upgrading to a ported TVS unit and want to make sure I have enough fuel. I found some Ford Racing 80lb injectors locally for a good deal. I am planning on upgrading the in tank pumps to 340lph as well. Would this be a good combo for my setup or should I look at going returnless?

fullboogie

Established Member
You really should speak with your tuner to find out what he wants/likes to tune. The 80's have sort of fallen out of favor, although they were popular a couple of years ago.

BlownPony306

Established Member
Yeah I have a call in just waiting to hear back. I was seeing mixed emotions towards the 80s just by doing some searches but was curious if anyone had current experience.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I have a VMP Gen2 with a 4" upper.
WHAT??? Is that like 2 psi? I'm guessing you meant a 2.4".

OP, those injectors do not do a good job of low pulse width fuel metering and what @fullboogie is alluding to and why they're a good deal. If you street drive, you really should get better injectors.

BlownPony306

Established Member
Yeah I have no plans on shortcutting anything. It only costs you more money down the road. I will just pass on these and find a good set that will work better.

einehund

Established Member
I've got a gen2r with a 2.6 and a 10% lower. Running ford 56# injectors and boost-a-pumps. Works just fine with my O/R H-pipe, street tuned remotely by Lund.

Users who are viewing this thread