Inner Belt...

Konaboss302

Funtime!!!
Established Member
I think my inner belt is starting to squeal. So, long story short... who has changed theirs and whats the money/time damage going to be? I have the stock lower pulley cage by the way...

convert03cobra

Established Member
Not sure where you are at but talk to Billy (wiseguy) if you are near Silver Spring, MD or Jason (TRBO VNM) if you are near Mechanicsburg, MD. Both work on cars and do great work for great prices.

Konaboss302

Funtime!!!
Established Member
I'll probably take you up on that snake, though I'll snag a new belt :) What's your beer of choice and when do you want to do some beer-wrenching? hahaha. Have this and a new clutch on my project list... gonna be a busy spring.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Zach, have fun with this one! Getting that lower pulley cage off there the first time takes some umph for sure. May as well put a lower pulley on there while you're at it.

Konaboss302

Funtime!!!
Established Member
I'm debating on the lower :). I'm kinda hoping that guy on modfords will have his largerlower w/cage project done here in the coming weeks.

Konaboss302

Funtime!!!
Established Member
That and I have to check with hermann on where my tune was sitting at... I didn't put in 60's when I did my blower swap, so my stockers might be close to tapping out.

Boobinspector

Established Member
Not if you did what I did. hehEhehe. 2lb lower, 2.8 upper, stock injectors, mafia, boost a pump. And Hermann had no problem tuning it. And said I could go up to a 4lb lower. With not an issue. But with trying to buy a house and the cobra keeps breaking now sitting at Jason's house. Waiting to have the tranny pulled and find out what broke this time. Who wants to buy a sonic blue cobra..... lol

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Not if you did what I did. hehEhehe. 2lb lower, 2.8 upper, stock injectors, mafia, boost a pump. And Hermann had no problem tuning it. And said I could go up to a 4lb lower. With not an issue. But with trying to buy a house and the cobra keeps breaking now sitting at Jason's house. Waiting to have the tranny pulled and find out what broke this time. Who wants to buy a sonic blue cobra..... lol

I just want the blower!!!

Boobinspector

Established Member
Ha your funny. I just want stuff to stop breaking. And this is the worst time. Especially with me getting out of the navy and Amber and I trying to buy a house. But then again I am lucky to have good friends like Jason and the rest of you guys that are understanding. And very helpful. I could not have done any of this stuff without the help. Thanks big time.

Konaboss302

Funtime!!!
Established Member
Yeah, I was having a bad run there, and I really really need to do the clutch before I have to drive 2000 miles for PCS this summer...

Konaboss302

Funtime!!!
Established Member
I go from doing high speed support to SOCOM for a few years.... to... (drumroll).... Marine Corps mandated recruiter duty... I think this is a sign that I need to be done soon too. I'll have almost 11 years in at that point, but it's time to hit the reserves and get a real job :)

Users who are viewing this thread