Innovate wideband lc-1 air/fuel problem?

Shroutc

Established Member
I just recenltly put a innovate wideband in my cobra about 12 days ago I did everything that the instructions said to do. I let the wideband warm up then start it. it regesters 20.9 at warm up for about 60sec then will dive down to about 14.5-15.1 once warm and at WOT it will be between 10.5-11.5 but today I pulled off on to a exit and was at a light the idle droped 900 to about 850-800 "not much" but it jumped up to 21.9 until I took off from the light.that was the only time it did that..do you all thing I mite have a bad sensor or ?

When car is off 21.9
Cold start 20.9-20.8
After about 60sec 14.5-15.1
When cruising 14.5-15.1
When I let my foot off the gas while cruising "shifting" will drop to 13.0-14.0
When I get back on the gas will jump back up to 16.0-18.9 for a split second then drop back down to 14.5-15.1

Car is supercharged only at 6psi and I never get into boost

SVTContique

Sounds normal. Mine jumps around sometimes too. You really only need it for when you are going WOT to make sure the AFR is fine there. It can dance around all over the place when daily driving.

CJK440

Established Member
Yeah,

What you listed sounds normal but the 21.9 at the light is weird. Keep in mind the widebands work by sensing the amount of O2 in the exhaust stream. A lean mixture does not burn all the O2 so it will read lean. But a misfire, although passes raw fuel down the exhaust, will be rich in O2 too and will also read lean on the wideband.

SVTContique

You can also calibrate the sensor to not "dance" around as much but playing with how sensitive it is to changes. I like mine more sensitive so it dances around pretty often.

Are you using the XD- 16 gauge?

Bishop03

4v+DOHC=Big Power
Established Member
My Innovate wideband was the worst piece of aftermarket equipment I have ever purchased, never got it to work right and would never buy another one, my opinion

Shroutc

Established Member
You can also calibrate the sensor to not "dance" around as much but playing with how sensitive it is to changes. I like mine more sensitive so it dances around pretty often.

Are you using the XD- 16 gauge?

ive got the digial DB blue one. I havnt tryed to hook it up to the laptop yet to tweak it but im a little confused about the instrution I wired everything it told me to wire but im left with the yellow wire the comes from the Lc-1 box the manuel said that the yellow and brown analog inputs of other devices was option to hook up... but on the other side of the manuel "gauge part" it said to wire to the stock analog brown..so yea im left with this yellow wire idk what to do with.

SVTContique

My Innovate wideband was the worst piece of aftermarket equipment I have ever purchased, never got it to work right and would never buy another one, my opinion

Mine was a pain to wire in (before they changed the design) but has been a SOLID unit, much better than an autometer one.

ive got the digial DB blue one. I havnt tryed to hook it up to the laptop yet to tweak it but im a little confused about the instrution I wired everything it told me to wire but im left with the yellow wire the comes from the Lc-1 box the manuel said that the yellow and brown analog inputs of other devices was option to hook up... but on the other side of the manuel "gauge part" it said to wire to the stock analog brown..so yea im left with this yellow wire idk what to do with.

Dont ask me, you can always phone them if you have questions.

mec03svt

SomethingVeryTechnical
Established Member

this. If I could, I would return it. But they just say they can only keep it under warranty and to pound sand. Innovate blows. AEM Uego all the way.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread