• Polyurethane

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Stock

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Def no on solids ... search modfords for the picture of the bellhousing that sheared off on iBite03s car, he was running solid mounts. There is a rule of thumb about this, poly on the motor and stock on the trans, or poly everywhere maybe.

Anyway I am still running all stock so I do not have any comment for you.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
lol, Jason solid was a joke...I'd never do that on a street car. I'm still running stock everywhere also, however, when mine go, I'll likely replace with poly. I've got all poly stuff in the fox, for whatever that's worth..lol.

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Yeah me either, but the destruction on iBite03s car was pretty insane to say the least! My buddies fox had solid mounts for his street car. He was having to retorque everything at least every other time he drove the car.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Wow, having to replace motor mounts on a Terminator is pretty rare. I would say leave the rubber in there as one would have to assume it would dampen drivetrain noise/vibration better than poly?

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
lol, damn. Yeah I wouldn't want to put up with that. I think poly makes a nice compromise in the fox, however, on the terminators it might not be necessary. I don't remember reading about lots of folks swapping out the stock stuff, although boobie here managed to trash his somehow.

357cstang

Used to have a fast Cobra
Established Member
I'd suggest another set of stock replacement, just make sure they are OEM and not an aftermarket vendor.

Most I know have had great success with the stock mounts. I'd make sure there wasn't an underlying issue that caused them to wear out (Loose engine mounts, loose trans mount, etc).

Best of luck.

NeverFastEngh

Established Member
I have energy suspension in mine. I dont mind them at all. And they even flexed enough to allow my oil filter to hit the k member 3/8" away. I will put them in all of my cars.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
Why bother drive all that way, when my buddy has a set ready to ship out to you?

going to the carlilse show anyway... picking up UPR CC plates also so i can do my coil overs also.

then i still need a bunch of other shit before i pull the motor back apart. (maybe i'll get lucky and find a set of gt40 heads also while im there?

TRBO VNM

going to the carlilse show anyway... picking up UPR CC plates also so i can do my coil overs also.

then i still need a bunch of other shit before i pull the motor back apart. (maybe i'll get lucky and find a set of gt40 heads also while im there?

which UPR cc plates? I would recommend something of better quality.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
the steel ones... its not really driven much on the street so im not worried about them bending.

edit... and since i changed the route im takin the car i doubt it will be yanking the wheels so i shouldnt be having any hard impacts from wheelies

Last edited:

Michael Hughes

1 of 299
Established Member
I got the energy supension motor mounts in my cobra and I like them. I did not really notice any differance in noise in the car.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
I had poly in my last car and liked them alot. I did get a good amount of vibration afterwards though..

Users who are viewing this thread