Inside report on iPhone5 production conditions

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
This is how your precious iPhone 5's are produced.

I suspect 0% of iPhone 5 owners are treated in this way by their employer, all for $2/hr.

A snippet from the article:

"We have reached the entrance of the production floor with a warning sign that says: “TOP SECURITY AREA”. We are told that if anyone enter or exit the metal detector door and found carrying any metallic stuff on your body such as belt buckle, ear rings, cameras, handset, mp3 players, the alarm will sound and you will be fired on the spot. One of my room mate told me that his friend has been fired because he carried an USB charging cable. When I walked into the production floor after passing through the metal detector door, I heard loud sounds of machinery engines and a very dense of plastic smell. Our supervisor warned us: “Once you sit down, you only do what you are told”. The supervisor finally present us the back of the iPhone 5 and shows it to all of us and said: “This is the new unleashed iPhone 5 back plate, you should be honored having the chance to produce it”

OneManWolfpack

Established Member
This is how your precious iPhone 5's are produced.

I suspect 0% of iPhone 5 owners are treated in this way by their employer, all for $2/hr.

A snippet from the article:

"We have reached the entrance of the production floor with a warning sign that says: “TOP SECURITY AREA”. We are told that if anyone enter or exit the metal detector door and found carrying any metallic stuff on your body such as belt buckle, ear rings, cameras, handset, mp3 players, the alarm will sound and you will be fired on the spot. One of my room mate told me that his friend has been fired because he carried an USB charging cable. When I walked into the production floor after passing through the metal detector door, I heard loud sounds of machinery engines and a very dense of plastic smell. Our supervisor warned us: “Once you sit down, you only do what you are told”. The supervisor finally present us the back of the iPhone 5 and shows it to all of us and said: “This is the new unleashed iPhone 5 back plate, you should be honored having the chance to produce it”

Only thing is.. we aren't in China. :??:

Fuerza

Established Member
Oh the horror!?! Lol, China will unionize like America one day, then we will move operations to another country. Brazil, from my understanding is going to be Apple's new go to manufacturing AO.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
How is this news? Previous iPhone's came from Foxconn and there are plenty of stories for those…..
Nike is on the same boat yet we all wear it...

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
This is nothing new. Foxconn had to install "safety nets" between the buildings because workers kept jumping off the roof tops committing suicide.

Despite what Apple has said in the past, they really don't give a shit about workers conditions as long as Foxconn makes the product right.

oooooh snap

Stable Genius
Established Member
wow that's so crazy! man, if my boss ever treated me like that, or if my work conditions were ever that rough, man i would...i would....well...i would quit. problem solved.

the whole world can't be spoiled babies like us Americans. there isn't enough resources in the world, my friend.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Inside report? LOL, this was known about a long time ago, same could be said about a lot of the things we purchase. What exactly do you want us to do, start a war with China for democracy?

Don't even say buy American because technically Apple is American. It just goes to show how greedy our corporations are and how USA doesn't have the capability to compete in the production market to bring the work over here.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Dont care.

Its not our fault China realized that they needed to be the worlds manufacturing headquarters and had the willing labor force to do it and do it cheaper than anyone else to bring in that business.

They bid for work And contracts just like any other company in the manufacturing industry. We know why its cheap, but unless you want to pay $2200 for an iphone or any other such device to be manufactured in america with american workers st american payscales, or even china at minimum wage payscales, deal with it.

Fact is too, alot of those workers see working in those plants as honorable.

REPCobra10

Established Member
It just goes to show how greedy our corporations are and how USA doesn't have the capability to compete in the production market to bring the work over here.

This...

Its not our fault China realized that they needed to be the worlds manufacturing headquarters and had the willing labor force to do it and do it cheaper than anyone else to bring in that business.

They bid for work And contracts just like any other company in the manufacturing industry. We know why its cheap, but unless you want to pay $2200 for an iphone or any other such device to be manufactured in america with american workers st american payscales, or even china at minimum wage payscales, deal with it.

Fact is too, alot of those workers see working in those plants as honorable.

This too...

Well put, gentlemen...

Users who are viewing this thread