Install/ air sound

Frostbit3

Established Member
Just installed jlt intake,tb and tune. After getting it all buttoned up I took it for a spin. As I was driving through the neighborhood windows down no music I was hearing an air sucking or pushing sound when I pushed the gas at all. Went down the road a few times 2nd and 3rd gear pulls nice power no lights no weird stalling or hiccups. When I got back I re adjusted the coupler on the jlt as it connects to the tb and made it more flush and checked all connections. Everything looks normal any ideas on the air noise?

72SBC

Established Member
When you put the intake and bigger throttle body on it's moving more air at idle and has no silencers in it. Normal sound, no worries.

Last edited:

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Just installed jlt intake,tb and tune. After getting it all buttoned up I took it for a spin. As I was driving through the neighborhood windows down no music I was hearing an air sucking or pushing sound when I pushed the gas at all. Went down the road a few times 2nd and 3rd gear pulls nice power no lights no weird stalling or hiccups. When I got back I re adjusted the coupler on the jlt as it connects to the tb and made it more flush and checked all connections. Everything looks normal any ideas on the air noise?

More air.

If you have no codes, you have no leaks.

Power /driving feel ok?

Frostbit3

Established Member
Power is great Bj! The blower sound really came alive. My only concern was the noise was even when your just putting along and barely touch the throttle but it sounds like its normal.

Users who are viewing this thread