Install of BBK X-Pipe and 3" Flowmaster Catback System

2003SVTCobra

Established Member
Well, I had it all installed this morning. A BBK X-Pipe and 3" Flowmaster Catback system! And let me tell you that she is loud, but real mean loud!
I have to say, I got a little worried when they first started because they had a hard time bending the pipe, but after a couple of pieces of pipe getting wasted, they got the hang of it pretty quick. I believe they were just as excited as i was to see what it was going to sound like!
After four long hours, it was finished; however, if you do get the BBK X-Pipe, you will have to move one of the back oxygen sensor inlets because the passenger side sensor hangs down about a 1 1/2" lower than the pipe does.
And that is not a good thing! But the gentleman who installed the system said he was extremely impressed with how it fit. :coolman:

SVTVenom

HOOK'EM HORNS!
Established Member
4 hours to install an X-Pipe and Cat-Back :eek: :dw: Its cool that you got it on and all but that is a bit long to put only those things on IMHO. I bet it sounds sweet though.

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
Congratulations, a cat back is a must for this car. I just put one on and it changes the character of the car completely. Have fun and watch out for blue lights they can hear you comming from a mile away. ;-)

2003SVTCobra

Established Member
3" exhaust

Yeah, I do agree, 4 hours is quite a long time to put the x-pipe and cat backs on, but it was worth it. I would like it to be a little quieter because anyone can hear me coming from a long ways. LOL.

Now, I just need to install the 2.80 pulley and chip and gator belt that arrived yesterday and woh mamma! However, I do need to find the correct pulley puller.

Users who are viewing this thread