Install questions

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Just talked to a tech at the quarter master place and the guy measured their spline tool for me while on the phone. It came out to around 15.23mm.

Check this ram piece out from jets though. It says the pilot bearing part is .667" which is spot on to your measurement Brian. More expensive though....

http://www.jegs.com/i/RAM+Clutches/798/03-048/10002/-1

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member

SVT_Troy

Established Member
It appears to match your measurement for the pilot bearing. I may order it this week and find out. More than likely ill be ordering it monday

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
It appears to match your measurement for the pilot bearing. I may order it this week and find out. More than likely ill be ordering it monday

im ordering mine right now from summit it was a couple of dollars cheaper

also ordering some push lock fittings this time.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
im ordering mine right now from summit it was a couple of dollars cheaper

also ordering some push lock fittings this time.

not for me! It's $62.64 with free shipping. But I have a military discount added to my account so all pricers i see automatically adds that discount. Summit only has free shipping over like $99 orders though so they are usually never cheaper

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
so you got it today and tried it out already?

Ok well I had to pull my trans to fix a coolant leak. So I tried it out. Fit like a glove :)

20140702_000540_zpsh40bgqkj.jpg

20140702_000601_zpse7faqp8n.jpg

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member

lol yup

got my coolant leak fixed car held 17psi for 5 mins. got the trans back in and now just buttoning up things.

im gonna let my friend install the turbo kit at his shop. he has a lift. doing this shit on the ground sucks ass.

if I get bored I may try and do it myself in the garage floor but im really tired of doing that.

I also did my own free play mod. I must say that I don't like the feel of the RXT pedal vs my stage 3+ with lightened pedal effort pressure plate. I may remove the free play mod and see how much softer it gets.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
badass! I'm going to install my RXT prior to dropping the motor in. I'll also be putting the tranny in myself on the ground...not excited about that at all. I hope I don't have to take it out multiple times. I would love to be able to drop the tranny and engine in from the top together but I don't think it will happen from the top.

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
badass! I'm going to install my RXT prior to dropping the motor in. I'll also be putting the tranny in myself on the ground...not excited about that at all. I hope I don't have to take it out multiple times. I would love to be able to drop the tranny and engine in from the top together but I don't think it will happen from the top.

Engine and trans out the top... just about impossible in our cars.

Get adjustable stud ball take 5 mm off.

It was not bad today. I had a friend help. But doing alone sucks.

Do u have scatter shield?

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Engine and trans out the top... just about impossible in our cars.

Get adjustable stud ball take 5 mm off.

It was not bad today. I had a friend help. But doing alone sucks.

Do u have scatter shield?

Whats an adjustable stud ball all about?

I do not have a scatter shield, just an oem bell hosing.

I plan on and pretty sure I will be able to get the engine with clutch and headers on all together. If memory serves me correctly I was able to take it out like that.

What/where are you attaching your hoist to pull the engine out? I think last time I just put a couple bolts in the back of the head. Doesn't help that I yanked my motor over a year ago!

Last edited:

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
Whats an adjustable stud ball all about?

I do not have a scatter shield, just an oem bell hosing.

I plan on and pretty sure I will be able to get the engine with clutch and headers on all together. If memory serves me correctly I was able to take it out like that.

What/where are you attaching your hoist to pull the engine out? I think last time I just put a couple bolts in the back of the head. Doesn't help that I yanked my motor over a year ago!

You can get the engine headers and clutch in but not the trans with engine.

If your doing an rxt clutch you will need an adjustable ball.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I got you , I wasn't thinking straight last night?.... I bought the McLoed adjustable ball already and plan on running it hot mos here recommends. 4.5-5mm off stock length

Users who are viewing this thread