Install tips for a CAI ........

Hot Wheels

Established Member
I've been unsuccessful in my search for a step-by-step or even install tips for a CAI. I bought a Steeda, read the directions and I'm still looking for additional info. The MGW shifter and Borla stingers were straight forward with the detailed instructions I found on this site but for some reason the Steeda instuctions have me doubting myself. Any help is appreciated.

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
How far have you gotten on it? Disconnect the battery to be safe. Disconnect the MAF sensor connection and the connection for the sensor in the airtube running to the TB(Throttle Body). Undo the two hose clamps/bands and the short black tube running to the valve cover and take the stock black air-duct off at the TB and then at the MAF. Lay it aside. Remove the fender bolt from the top of the stock airbox. Then lift and slightly rotate the stock airbox and MAF out of the engine compartment. Take the four 10mm bolts out of the MAF and remove it from the stock airbox. Put the supplied gasket on the Steeda bracket and then place the MAF over it. Use the supplied Steeda screws(7/16 I believe or something close) to attach it. You don't need the stock screen either. Take the two rubber bushings out of the "legs" on the bottom of the stock airbox. Put them on the "legs" on the bottom of the Steeda bracket. Attach the Steeda air filter to the Steeda bracket on the side opposite the MAF. Put the stock air-duct on the MAF but don't tighten it yet. Slide the Steeda bracket into place making sure the "legs" go into the stock hole locations where the stock airbox sat. Once it drops into place attach the stock airtube at the TB and align as necessary. Tighten down the clamps/bands. Place the Steeda shield in place and install the 3 allen head screws. Then attach it to the fender where the stock airbox attached. Plug the two sensors back in, re-attach the short black hose and reconnect the battery.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

Hot Wheels

Established Member
Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for before attempting the install. One quick question out of curiosity .... why do you recommend that I disconnect the battery?

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
Hot Wheels said:
Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for before attempting the install. One quick question out of curiosity .... why do you recommend that I disconnect the battery?
I'm not sure but the CPU might throw an error code if it see's the the MAF has been disconnected? :shrug: I just know I've always disconnected mine when I am messing with the intake.

Users who are viewing this thread