Installation on Water Temp Gauge

BruntzySVT

Established Member
Where did yall put your sensor at for your water temp guage? I was thinking of putting it, damn dont know what it is called but it looks as if the top screws off but we coudl not get it to come off? Also did you drain the coolent or anything like that?

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
BruntzySVT said:
Hey, how else can you get that off without using that tool? also do u need an adapter?

Try using a 1/4" Ratchet and Extension, but be careful, if it feel like it's not going to come loose, stop before you shear off the tip in the hole. Some of them come loose like this and some are tight as hell and won't budge.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
whats the (if any) benifit of using a water temp guage? whats wron gwith the one we have?

04torchred

Established Member
BADASS03SVT said:
whats the (if any) benifit of using a water temp guage? whats wron gwith the one we have?

From what I have heard the one we have in the car doesn't tell you what temp you are running at from about 170/180F to like 235F. What I mean is the needle in this range is stationary and does not move. That is a pretty critical range for overheating if you ask me. You can run the risk of scoring cylinder walls at anything over 215F.

Stock gauge is pretty useless unless we can get a new sending unit and an overlay to tell us exactly what we are running.

Users who are viewing this thread