Installed Bassani catted X today

Fran

Established Member
Install took 3.5 hours, 20 minutes of that were going to NAPA to replace a broken swivel attachement. The sound difference from the stock H is incredible. Some notes from install:

1. Let the penetrating oil soak in. Might not have broken the swivel if we waited longer.
2. It was a tight fit to get it installed at the muffler end. Had to loosen the muffler clamps to gain every last bit of clearance.
3. The connectors for the pre cat O2 sensors are not easy to remove if you have big hands.
4. Definitely anti-seize the pipes where they slide into one another.
Finally a question

It looks like the pipe hangs down very low. Would it be worth it to go to a muffler shop and ask them to adjust it?

Easy

Live Fast Die Fun
Established Member
Fran said:
Install took 3.5 hours, 20 minutes of that were going to NAPA to replace a broken swivel attachement. The sound difference from the stock H is incredible. Some notes from install:

1. Let the penetrating oil soak in. Might not have broken the swivel if we waited longer.
2. It was a tight fit to get it installed at the muffler end. Had to loosen the muffler clamps to gain every last bit of clearance.
3. The connectors for the pre cat O2 sensors are not easy to remove if you have big hands.
4. Definitely anti-seize the pipes where they slide into one another.
Finally a question

It looks like the pipe hangs down very low. Would it be worth it to go to a muffler shop and ask them to adjust it?

probably not. i wouldn't unless i hit it on something first. :coolman:

n2o

Established Member
It does not take as long on a lift. Me and a buddy did it monday. Took about 45 min. we had trouble with the O2's as well. Sounds great, I have the magnaflows as well.
Hope you like yours too.

Fran

Established Member
Sounds like a race car running through the gears. I have not scraped anything yet. Maybe it is not a big deal since I am not lowered.

Users who are viewing this thread