Installed Bassani X pipe today

CANiHaveGasCash

Established Member
Installed a bassani X pipe with cats, and I have a steeda catback. Car sounds pretty good but theres an exhaust leak :cuss: is there supposed to be a gasket between the passenger side header and the X pipe?

ripnroar46

Established Member
CANiHaveGasCash said:
Installed a bassani X pipe with cats, and I have a steeda catback. Car sounds pretty good but theres an exhaust leak :cuss: is there supposed to be a gasket between the passenger side header and the X pipe?

Yes, at least thats what i've heard! And what i had done to mine.

CANiHaveGasCash

Established Member
DOH! I forgot to check the old one to see if there was a gasket when I removed it and the X pipe did not come with one. the left side is a ball and socket connection but the right is two flat surfaces. I should have known. I was just in a hurry to get it done. Oh well I'll just put a new gasket in during lunch at work on monday. gotta love using a lift

CANiHaveGasCash

Established Member
it made it noticeably louder but not a ton. I think I might take the cats out cause its still kinda quiet for my tastes, then again I might just take of the steeda catback and throw on some stingers.

CANiHaveGasCash

Established Member
Brad said:
The only gasket is drivers side I believe.

the drivers side is a ball and socket type connection, no gasket needed there. I'm certain now that its the passenger side. Ive pinpointed the leak and its definately the exhaust manifold to X pipe connection on the passenger side.

Users who are viewing this thread