Installed Flowmaster catback and still quiet ???

01 Cobra #1326

Established Member
Just installed a Flowmaster catback on my 2001 cobra and it's only a bit louder than stock ??? I know that the stock manifolds and H-pipe baffle the sound, but this much ? How many cats are there, 4 or 6 ? I know that I can get a much better sound with an O/R mid-pipe, but at the cost of some low end power and warranty issues.
Any suggestions ?

Thanx.

P.S. - Stock catback is for sale. If anyone is interested, mail me.

01BlackSnake

Established Member
Warranty shouldn't be an issue unless you go to some really jacked up service manager at a dealership, or if they can prove the o/r pipe caused any problems.

I doubt you will lose low end torque with an o/r pipe.

There are 4 cats on our cars. Get an o/r.

01 Cobra #1326

Established Member
I only worry about the low end due to the article on mustangexhaust.com that showed the dyno graphs and testing of an 01 with an off road H and X. There were no gains with either over the stock H-pipe assembly until over 6000 rpm's and a loss of torque with both the off road H and X.

NastyWS6

Established Member
I know as soon as the catback burns in it will be noticeably louder, but it should be right now as well. Through on O/R pipe of it.

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
i had the same problem, if you call it, with mine, but i put on the bbk off road h and my car is rediculously loud, sounds sweet going under freeway underpasses, just bbk off road h and 2 chamber flows, saved the stock h for smog, really simple to install, if you want it loud get the off road pipe

Spiffy668

Established Member
Give it some time. Mine sounded quiet when I put my 2 chambers on but after about a couple of weeks or so, it got noticeably louder, and now I have a good loud drone at about 2k rpms. :D

Users who are viewing this thread