installed H&R springs on my vert...

nitestalker1982

Raider Nation Member
Established Member
the H&R sport springs were installed, along with some Bilstein dampers and MM caster camber plates, I have some rubbing in the rear tires and fender, so I will have to get them rolled... maybe some isolators will help too. I'll get some better pics later, these were from my phone...

BEFORE:
mycobra1.jpg

HPIM1038.jpg

HPIM1041.jpg

AFTER:
cobra4.jpg

cobra5.jpg

And an extra one with my friend's vette:
cobra6.jpg

ACESCOBRA

Bring it on!
Established Member
Nice. It looks really low. Which tires and rims are you running?

Did you get the ones that are only for verts?

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
That looks awesome, I have had those springs in my garage since July. This makes me want to put them on even more.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
How large of a spacer are you running in the rear?

Instead of rolling the fenders have you though about reducing the spacer size and just replacing the IRS bolt with a button head bolt from MM or Steeda?

Dingleweed

Grower of dingleberries
Established Member
Looks great!

This last weekend I finally got around to installing the FRPP C springs that I have had sitting in my garage for a couple of weeks. I should have done some before measurements because the drop looks like it turned out to be more than the advertised 1.5" front and 1" rear. It is probably closer to 2" front and 1.75" rear. My brother has these springs on his 02 GT coupe, and my car is about an inch lower than his. (Due to my extra 300 or so pounds of weight... the car's not mine ;-) ). I should get around to posting some pics of the lowered ride, it looks soooo much better and I noticed a decent improvement in handling.

Anyway, nice looking vert ya got there :rockon:

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
i think i seen that vette around salinas every now and then .. if it is i think my buddy Jaime owns it..

nitestalker1982

Raider Nation Member
Established Member
Yeah, that's it, that's Jaime's vette. The spacers I believe are 3/4" - 1", i can't remember, I had to have them when it wasn't lowered as the irs bolt would really rub against the wheel. I have thought about getting the buttonhead bolts and running a smaller spacer, but I have also thought about getting different rear springs (steeda?) or going with rear coilovers... the wheels are saleen replicas, 18x10.5" with bfg kdws 295/35. The handling, well, I haven't really put it to the test, but the bilstein shocks/struts are doing the job, real soft, smooth ride...

Stitch

Established Member
Are you running isolators in front and back? If so, take out the front ones as it'll look better.

red99snake

Established Member
i've got some h&r's that have been sittin in my garage since christmas. where did you get your spacers and how much did they cost?

nitestalker1982

Raider Nation Member
Established Member
red99snake said:
i've got some h&r's that have been sittin in my garage since christmas. where did you get your spacers and how much did they cost?

actually, these spacers are cheap 3/4" or 1" (cant remember). but im gonna get some MM spacers, i like the rear wheels being almost flush with the fender. I don't really like to "tuck" my wheels...

Users who are viewing this thread