Installed HID's

TrueBlue'01GT

Established Member
Makes the fog lights look terrible. I need to get some brighter bulbs down there.

HID.gif

TrueBlue'01GT

Established Member
No night shots yet I just put them on today. I will have to drive behind my wife to see if I need to adjust it. The driver side already looks a little high.

I got them in a group purchase on www.wcfords.com they were $170.00.

Last edited:

spike_africa

Established Member
yeah thats all you can do is adjust it up and down. thats all you need really. now just get yellow fogs and you will have a good lighting setup.

white ghost

Established Member
TrueBlue'01GT said:
Yellow?, why yellow?

Because Yellow has been proven to cut through fog better than a white/blue light. It shows more contrast than the others because the fog is normally white or grey.

Or he could just mean for that ugly lexus look. :shrug:

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
fog lights were originally yellow because of the wavelength of the light. The yellow light wavelength does not react with the fog. Did you ever notice that if you have your headlights on in the fog and turn the brights on, it gets even worse to see. Cars that are sold with "Fog Lights" don't really have fog lights. They have extra headlights. I am not a big fan of yellow fog lights, don't think they look that cool but they work better if you drive in fog areas a lot.

Enorbit3

Established Member
can someone post a pic of the headlight adjustment screw or tell me where to find it?....is it on the headlamp housing....or do i need to take the bulb out or what....pardon my ignorance....thanks in advance

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
get yellow because unless you get HID fogs any regular bulbs just won't match and it will look retarded, but with yellow it's a completely different color and creates a nice contrast

TrueBlue'01GT

Established Member
Enorbit3 said:
can someone post a pic of the headlight adjustment screw or tell me where to find it?....is it on the headlamp housing....or do i need to take the bulb out or what....pardon my ignorance....thanks in advance

It's a screw facing down located on top of the light housing just left of center.

Antagon

Established Member
CalcVictim said:
get yellow because unless you get HID fogs any regular bulbs just won't match and it will look retarded, but with yellow it's a completely different color and creates a nice contrast

Nah, I just put some ultrawhite bulbs in the fogs on my C6 and it matches up to the HID's DAMN nice. I also have Sylvania SilverStars on the GN and they're pure white as well :)

Users who are viewing this thread