Installed JLT....

Stitch

Established Member
Man that's a tight fit. I ordered it from Mustang tuning, got the RAI kit. My main concern is how smushed the filter is pushed up against the frame. The elbow from the t/b to rai pipe fit fine but my rai pipe is in there crooked to angle down.

Also, the heat shield I got looks like its for an 03 cobra and not an 01 per the pictures included with the kit. Otherwise I had no problems.

Seat of the pants feel so far is hard to tell. With my gears noticing a increase in power is hard. I can hear a slight whistle depending on throttle position but otherwise that's it.

Oh, I also noticed that the t/b elbow was rubbing against the heat shield on the hood. is this normal?

98powerstang

Established Member
I got the CAI and I dont have those problems. Can you post any pics? Also I see you have 4.3o gears I was wondering how bad did it kill your gas milage and how do you like them on a daily driver. I plan on buying those gears for my car.

Stitch

Established Member
Great on the street. Alot easier to drive and get around. Car feels 'lighter' then with stock gears. I really haven't noticed any change in mileage.

SVTRocket

SVT Fan
Established Member
My fiflter does not touch the frame. Make sure your have all the clamps loose while you position things. It took some tweaking and twisting to get my heat shield to line up, but it fits fine once I got it. My hood blanket does rub on the elbow (see shiny part).
jltfront8ls.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread