Installed McLeod super street pro

Myusername

Established Member
Here is a quick review of the clutch. Ok, so I bought he car used and from the day I had it the Clutch was super stiff to push. After a month or so I noticed after a long drive the pedal would be soft and lazy and felt like my 2 coworkers stock 2014 clutches. After a couple pushes the pedal would be stiff as hell again, but the pedal was always slow to come back up. After a few months of driving the pedal was never the same when you would push it, sometimes it would be soft, sometimes super stiff, never consistent. Then came the pedal sticking to the floor at high rpms. Not long after I had trouble getting into first and other gears were notchy and hard to get in. After taking clutch out the disk face looked worn on one side like the pressure plate was warped and pushing more on one edge instead of all over the disk.
Had McLeod super street pro clutch, McLeod lightened steel flywheel, McLeod stainless clutch line, new throw out bearing put in. Clutch now is springy on return, grabs awesome. Haven't broke it in all the way yet, but it is much easier to press than before but slightly more effort than my 2 coworkers stock gt clutches. Got rid of the notchyness going into gear and shifts are much smoother now. Will update more when it's broke in.

kdaly

Established Member
Here is a quick review of the clutch. Ok, so I bought he car used and from the day I had it the Clutch was super stiff to push. After a month or so I noticed after a long drive the pedal would be soft and lazy and felt like my 2 coworkers stock 2014 clutches. After a couple pushes the pedal would be stiff as hell again, but the pedal was always slow to come back up. After a few months of driving the pedal was never the same when you would push it, sometimes it would be soft, sometimes super stiff, never consistent. Then came the pedal sticking to the floor at high rpms. Not long after I had trouble getting into first and other gears were notchy and hard to get in. After taking clutch out the disk face looked worn on one side like the pressure plate was warped and pushing more on one edge instead of all over the disk.
Had McLeod super street pro clutch, McLeod lightened steel flywheel, McLeod stainless clutch line, new throw out bearing put in. Clutch now is springy on return, grabs awesome. Haven't broke it in all the way yet, but it is much easier to press than before but slightly more effort than my 2 coworkers stock gt clutches. Got rid of the notchyness going into gear and shifts are much smoother now. Will update more when it's broke in.

Excellent, glad your happy. Installing my McLeod this weekend and hoping for similar results

Myusername

Established Member
Just to save u a little time, for the crank relearn at the dealer, put your car back to stock before you go. I went this morning and had to put it to stock at the dealer. He told me to put it back to stock because their software wanted to reflash the computer so it was able to read the computer. He was nice enough to let me know instead of just wiping out my tune.

kdaly

Established Member
Thanks for the info, didnt know they need to touch the ecu. I'm having a shop do mine. This is something I dont feel like i wanna tackle and take up my whole weekend. I'll include my SCT with the car with bringing it to the shop if they do indeed need to touch the ecu. U da man

JTS_7

Established Member
Just to save u a little time, for the crank relearn at the dealer, put your car back to stock before you go. I went this morning and had to put it to stock at the dealer. He told me to put it back to stock because their software wanted to reflash the computer so it was able to read the computer. He was nice enough to let me know instead of just wiping out my tune.

This is false. I've have many supercharged and turbo cars taken to my Ford Master Tech I use and we have never once reflashed a stock tune back onto the car.

kdaly

Established Member
This is false. I've have many supercharged and turbo cars taken to my Ford Master Tech I use and we have never once reflashed a stock tune back onto the car.

I am by far not the most mechanically inclined on here but I couldnt figure out why this would be needed. Its mechanical...

Myusername

Established Member
I was with the technician when he was trying to connect and it wanted to flash the car. He tried 3 times before he told me to just put it back to stock. So I don't know why you think it's false.

Users who are viewing this thread