Installed my TCE +2 BBK kit today.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
What a day. TCE Big Brake Kit install and started at 8:30 AM.......Finished at 3:30 PM.

What a pain in the ass it was to install this kit. :bash::bash:

Only due to the fact that I was installing them on Belltech spindles, other than that it would be simple to install the kit and I highly recommend investing in one of Todds kits.

DSCN3052.jpg

When I had contacted Todd about the BBK I asked about the Belltech spindles and if there would be any issues. He said that he has not dealt with any yet so I became the test mule.

For those that have dropped spindles you need to grind a little more of the caliper ears to get the caliper brackets to mount correctly. The big pain was the area at the bottom of the spindle where the lettering is on the outer face of the spindle. I had to grind a lot of material off all the way across the face of the spindle for the rotors to clear the spindle.

I though that just grinding down the lettering would be enough but when I went out to bed the pads it made a slight noise on really gradual turns ( only turning the wheel about an inch). This was the bearings moving and it was just enough to let the rotor contact the face of the spindle. I just kept on grinding down the face of the spindle until it had to no more clearance issues.

I also had Todd powder coat two brand new calipers for the rear so they would match the front calipers finish. After the install they look good but I am going to invest in the TCE rear kit after I have some fun with the truck next summer. Once I get the track bug out of my system I'm gonna toss the slicks and install the rear kit (cannot run slicks with the rear kit).

The ride home was awesome. Pedal travel is almost gone and stops so hard it dumps everything on the floor board.

Anyways, Pic Whoring time.:banana:

DSCN3078.jpg

DSCN3079.jpg

Belltech spindle base. Basically anywhere that you see the silver portion of the rotor it needs to be ground down.
DSCN3080.jpg

DSCN3081.jpg

DSCN3090.jpg

Last edited:

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
Wasted no time on getting those on, lol. They look great bro. Next should be money shots of the 3.4 installed.

LINOGT

Established Member
What a day. TCE Big Brake Kit install and started at 8:30 AM.......Finished at 3:30 PM.

What a pain in the ass it was to install this kit. :bash::bash:

Only due to the fact that I was installing them on Belltech spindles, other than that it would simple to install the kit and I highly recommend investing in one of Todds kits.

DSCN3052.jpg

When I had contacted Todd about the BBK I asked about the Belltech spindles and if there would be any issues. He said that he has not dealt with any yet so I became the test mule.

For those that have dropped spindles you need to grind a little more of the caliper ears to get the caliper brackets to mount correctly. The big pain was the area at the bottom of the spindle where the lettering is on the outer face of the spindle. I had to grind a lot of material off all the way across the face of the spindle for the rotors to clear the spindle.

I though that just grinding down the lettering would be enough but when I went out to bed the pads it made a slight noise on really gradual turns ( only turning the wheel about an inch). This was the bearings moving and it was just enough to let the rotor contact the face of the spindle. I just kept on grinding down the face of the spindle until it had to no more clearance issues.

I also had Todd powder coat two brand new calipers for the rear so they would match the front calipers finish. After the install they look good but I am going to invest in the TCE rear kit after I have some fun with the truck next summer. Once I get the track bug out of my system I'm gonna toss the slicks and install the rear kit (cannot run slicks with the rear kit).

The ride home was awesome. Pedal travel is almost gone and stops so hard it dumps everything on the floor board.

Anyways, Pic Whoring time.:banana:

DSCN3078.jpg

DSCN3079.jpg

Belltech spindle base. Basically anywhere that you see the silver portion of the rotor it needs to be ground down.
DSCN3080.jpg

DSCN3081.jpg

DSCN3090.jpg

Nice RIDE THE, I wil like to get one of those sets, you think they will work with centerline metrix 5?

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
Lemme remind you that I still hate you....im now spending money that isnt even in the damned bank!
dammit I want that kit something fierce!

Looks damned sexy man!

Scotts Elle

Yup. Still don't care.
Established Member
Looks great Eric.

I just took mine off and put the stock ones back on... I hate the stock brake now after having the front 14" kit. It will be worth it... I am getting the stage 2 rear kit and the big 16" kit up front.

Last edited:

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
mmmm not sure if i like the red color. I think i would paint it sonic blue or black.

That's one hell of a stance though. That's exactly how id like mine to sit. :)

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
Looks great eric! and finally some new pics of your truck!

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
mmmm not sure if i like the red color. I think i would paint it sonic blue or black.

lol that discussion was long. The red sets off a pretty bad ass contrast against the blue. looks good man :)
The black against the blue would be too "plain" and wouldnt "pop", and blue calipers may end up being kinda overkill in the blue department :)

Users who are viewing this thread