Installed new brembo rotors and hawk pads, have ?

04silversnake

Established Member
I just installed new replacement brembo rotors and new hawks pads for the front. I ran into the following problem: I pushed both piston all the way in using a c clamp and the old pad, but one side was really difficult to turn the rotor or the wheel. I tried with the old disk and it turns fine. I put the new disk and drove it for a few miles and it got a little better. Have you guys try new brembo rotors with hawks hps pad and had the same issue? I have done brakes before and never found a rubbing issued. Is this normal?
Thanks.
Franck

vipergts281

Established Member
It is not going to spin easily/freely. If you were ot jack the car up and spin the rotor by hand, it is not going to spin with ease. There will be tension and you probably will only be able to get a few spins.

Also, make sure your calipers are working correctly, as in make sure the pistons aren't stuck and don't move.

Bed your pads/rotors as well if everything else seems to be fine.

04silversnake

Established Member
I have done this before and they have never been that hard to turn, even with the wheel on in order to get more leverage it was hard to turn. I drove it for a day and noticed it got better, probably since the rotors and pads are new, they needed to be worn just a bit in order to provide the clearance. I rechecked everything two days later and now I can turn both rotors without the wheels freely. Also, I did the bedding procedure as indicated in the box.
thanks for the reply.
Franck.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
What thickness rotor did you get? The 03-04 Cobra is 1.10 inches wide or 28mm.

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
Sometimes pads can run a little thick. It's no big deal. Just bed them in and they'll be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread