installed new parts

redfire004

Established Member
well i decided to go with the 3.200 upper pully,,the pully puller and installer worked great! i highly recommend it,,i installed the 4 pully set from billitflow,magnaflow catback,,steeda cai, i used a gaterback 76' belt, it was tough to find but vic hubbard has it,the car runs really well surprized me :burnout: i am taking it to dyno labs this tuesday to get the dyno done to ensure the airfuel is ok with this setup .and probably get a sct tune done if needed?,,for those who wonder why i went with the 3.2 its because i really dont want to add a chip,i am very happy with the outcome,,thanks to all that put imputs in this websight which helped me make my decision,,happy holidays,,p.s. i will post my numbers after i get them :-D

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
But if you are running lean you will have to have it flashed/programmed/chipped, anyway. So in the end you will end up having to do everything that you would have had to do if you bought a 2.80 pulley.

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
But if you are running lean you will have to have it flashed/programmed/chipped, anyway. So in the end you will end up having to do everything that you would have had to do if you bought a 2.80 pulley.

Yeah, what he said. What's the reasoning for the 3.2 if you're going to have it flashed/programmed/chipped anyway?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I think that a 2.93 is the minumum anyone should go without changing their lower.

redfire004

Established Member
ttt

i also wanted to say that according to what i have read and researched i will not require a tune or chip..and that was the main reason for going this route, horse power with out using a chip ,i dont want to mess with the computer ,but like you guys said if for some reason it runs to lean,,i will just reprogram using the sct,,instead of adding a chip.. :)

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
That's cool. I was just curious about why you went with a 3.2. Whatever makes you happy. :beer:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
redfire004 said:
i also wanted to say that according to what i have read and researched i will not require a tune or chip..and that was the main reason for going this route, horse power with out using a chip ,i dont want to mess with the computer ,but like you guys said if for some reason it runs to lean,,i will just reprogram using the sct,,instead of adding a chip.. :)

You can program any pulley size with a SCT, or a Predator. Chips are on their way out. Most people use programmers for everything. And yes, you most likely will need a tune with a 3.2. Where do you get your info?

redfire004

Established Member
ttt

i got the info off of this sight,,and just going online and reading from different
forums..

dougwg

Established Member
then you picked the wrong info... because you will most likely need a tune with a 3.2 pulley... sorry

but on the bright side.... you seem ok with the SCT Flash Tuner, which is good cuz you will like the extra HP the tune gives you :beer:

happy modding

Users who are viewing this thread