Installed OR/H

BigOrange

Established Member
I had my OR/H pipe and Flowmasters installed last week. I still have the old sensors in the H pipe but my Check Engine light has not came on yet (I was told it would come on). The car seems to be smoking more under hard throttle and it has a bad exhaust smell. I have turn-downs right behind my mufflers so the smell will be stronger because it's closer. Will it help if I put whatever new sensors that I need to put in the pipes? Do they affect the way the car runs?

Cobra Nate

Banned
BigOrange said:
I had my OR/H pipe and Flowmasters installed last week. I still have the old sensors in the H pipe but my Check Engine light has not came on yet (I was told it would come on). The car seems to be smoking more under hard throttle and it has a bad exhaust smell. I have turn-downs right behind my mufflers so the smell will be stronger because it's closer. Will it help if I put whatever new sensors that I need to put in the pipes? Do they affect the way the car runs?

Yes it will smell cause you have no cats and yes, ur CEL will come on eventually. Nothing will change the smell and i'm not sure what ur asking about new sensors?

My O/R H pipe on my last car (96 Cobra) resulted in a little loss in low end torque but a great sound. I'm not sure about the effect on a blown Cobra though as we already have a good low end...i'm thinking you will gain hp in the higher rpm range.

Last edited:

BigOrange

Established Member
It's an H pipe from Jegs; it's a Jegs brand. The quality was good but the price was lower than other brands. I think it was around $130. I had the H pipe put on the same time as the Flowmasters so I can't really tell you how much of the sound change came from the H pipe. I'm thinking about connecting the tail pipes back to the mufflers so my cloths don't smell like exhaust.

Don't I need some type of sensor to take the place of the factory O2?

SnakeDoc, how far do you live from LR?

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
On 04 cobra's , you need what are called 02 censor extensions ,
check ninosport.com think they're like $35 Oh yeah , and MIL eliminators ( will take care of the check engine light problem )

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
The smell you are smelling is most likely the crap they coat the exhaust with to prevent corrosion from the factory. Yea, your car will stink a little if you stand behind it, but if it smells in the cabin it most likely is from the coating. Give it a few miles to burn away.

Users who are viewing this thread