Installed short runner & deletes,my thoughts

Dan.J

Established Member
So I have a 96 Cobra, car has 59,000 miles on it. Engine-power Mods are BBK long tube headers/VRS X-pipe/dumped magnaflows. 4.30 gears. Msd Dis4/Screamin demon coils/FRPP wires. Car is pretty light, tubular front K with coilovers, no power steering/brakes weight taken off in some other things (very light wheels ect.) Car was tuned prior to the shortrunner and deletes. Anyway just did a complete tuneup on car and installed a NaSvt short runner and deleted the IMRC, also cleaned the intake ports/valves while I was in there. I figured the car would run pretty crappy without a retune but it runs VERY strong. decent from around 3000 but really strong from about 4500-7000. I'm sure the full tune up helped some but this thing has really picked up in the upper rpm range and is super smooth. Just thought I would share my thoughts/feelings and would highly recommend having a proper done shortrunner and deletes to anyone looking for some pretty nice gains. Next for me is some good N/A cams and underdrive pulley's and then a retune. Goal is to get into the high 11's N/A with a stock motor. We will see. Crappy cell pic of car for anyone interested.
WP_000130_zps64856352.jpg

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Awesome! That's good news. Its good that you made this thread. When you do a search on google it is actually hard to find any solid info minus the tech. on building one. Not many threads on the results after.

Dan.J

Established Member
Awesome! That's good news. Its good that you made this thread. When you do a search on google it is actually hard to find any solid info minus the tech. on building one. Not many threads on the results after.
Part of why I put it up because when I was looking couldn't really find what I was after. By the way car does feel a touch soft on the very bottom but my tune hasn't been changed for the deletes and really with 4.30's it doesnt even matter. Car drives/runs smoother and qwite a big difference on the top end. I did valve cover gaskets/the intake/deletes and cleaned the intake ports at once, it is a bit of a job you just have to take your time and make sure gaskets ect. are right as you definitly don't want to have to tear it back apart. Valve cover gaskets were probly worse than the intake/deletes/ports.

brucesvt

Established Member
thanks for the review, the Short runner intake will be my next mod i install for sure. when you did the full tune up it was the plugs, oil change, fuel filter, oil filter, etc right? my car has been sitting since January thats why i ask.

Dan.J

Established Member
thanks for the review, the Short runner intake will be my next mod i install for sure. when you did the full tune up it was the plugs, oil change, fuel filter, oil filter, etc right? my car has been sitting since January thats why i ask.
Yeah, I changed fuel filter/plugs/plug wires/coil packs/pcv filter/cleaned the MAF and IAC/oil/filter ofcourse. I always try to make sure everything is the way its supposed to be before throwing mods on something. Seen way to many people with a bunch of go fast parts run like crap because the car wasn't right to begin with.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
Car looks great, shortrunner is an excellent mod. I am waiting for my cousin to finish my rear build up with 4.30's (he has only had it a whole year lol) so I will have a similar setup until I go FI next year.

Dan.J

Established Member
You want one with no more than 2inch cut off the runners and done right. Get with member NAsvt on here and he will give you a quote depending on what you want. Or you can keep your eyes open for a used one (they come up on occation) just make sure its done proper.

Dan.J

Established Member
Car looks great, shortrunner is an excellent mod. I am waiting for my cousin to finish my rear build up with 4.30's (he has only had it a whole year lol) so I will have a similar setup until I go FI next year.
Thanks, tell your cousin to get his ass in gear :lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread