Installed the mac boom tubes...

mikecobra01

Established Member
I finally was able to get a catback for my cobra. I was gonna go with the pypes violator, but I ran across these mac boom tubes on stangmods.com for 300 bucks. I just couldn't pass it up. All I can say about this system is wow, im very impressed with the sound. The finish is great, the fitment was great and took no time at all to install. I highly recommend this system to anybody looking for a catback.

Heres a pic of the 3.5 inch tips:

2011-08-19084446.jpg

And a crappy cell phone video lol. But its an idea how it sounds:

http://static.photobucket.com/playe.../mikey1990_2006/video-2011-08-19-08-32-53.mp4

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I love how those sound at idle.

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
Huh, last I knew, these were boom tubes....

1629280.jpg

Not saying that yours aren't nice, just a bit confuzzled is all....lol

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Sounds good! I didn't know they made that catback for the IRS.

Time to crawl under there and straighten out those pipes, btw. The driver's side one looks like it's damn near on the ground.

mr.speaker

99 Cobra
Established Member
Sorry to bump this old thread but I'm wondering if anyone else has videos of this exhaust..I tried to pm the op with no response and it seems not many people run this exhaust except for the S197 guys and their motor sounds completely different.

Thanks

mr.speaker

99 Cobra
Established Member
Please let us know how it sounds and fits ..I had one on my old 92 Notch but obviously the 5.0 sounds completely different than the 4V.

[youtube_browser]hopdfCTdPuw[/youtube_browser]

1999marg

Established Member
Your neighbors will love them! Jack you car up and tighten up the left exhaust pipe clearance. It looks like it is slightly lower than the rights. All you need is a pry bar and a little patience.

Enjoy

pbeechner

Established Member
Sounds good! +1 on the neighbors loving you..... I just installed a MAC 2.5" CB with an O/R X and the old lady that lives next to me already hates me, if she didn't when I had my flowmasters.....

Users who are viewing this thread