Installed the Predator !!!!

King03Cobra

Established Member
WhooHoooo Man just got done installing the performance tune and WOW it's really a noticeable change to the SOTP meter. This is a really neat product, the installation was a breeze, "Key On", "Key Off", "Key On", "Key Off". The car ran just smooth as could be and then at WOT she just noticeably pushed the front of the car up and just screamed. Haven't had a chance to datalog or anything else, but I can say the canned Performance tune that comes with this thing is the real deal. I feel like I've got that dumb a$$ grin on my face again like the first time I rode in the 03. :)

Mustang Mike

Established Member
Originally posted by Doc2003Cobra
What in the hell is the Predator?

Hand held tuning application for the do it your selfers out there. Do a search, its the latest banwaggon!

Chonger

The Korean Connection
Established Member
King03Cobra: Your mods are very similar to mine. I also installed the predator last night and holy shizzett is this thing the real deal!! I also used the "performance tune" with no other changes in the tune except killing the traction control. I don't plan on making adjustments to the AF or timing until I get the pulley. Then I will put her on the dyno with AF to make sure all is OK.

It was well worth the money spent.

King03Cobra

Established Member
Chonger,
Your right, this thing is a real good product. I really don't plan on doing any modifications other then the performance tune. But I need to turn the traction control off too.
:beer:

03CobraFreak

Established Member
Originally posted by King03Cobra
Chonger,
Your right, this thing is a real good product. I really don't plan on doing any modifications other then the performance tune. But I need to turn the traction control off too.
:beer:

Hey King03Cobra, I live in The Colony too. Would like to hookup sometime and listen to your exhaust.

Also my Predator will be here Monday or Tuesday ;-)

BTW - I've never seen another 03 Cobra in The Colony so this is cool :thumbsup:

Mustang Mike

Established Member
I think the options such as t/c, o2 sensors, speedo correction, ses codes are a real cool benefit of the preadator.

03cobratech

Established Member
I received the predator on monday, I had a 2.93 pulley waiting to be installed.. But i thought for kicks i'd try out the performance tune, as you stated there is a definite increase in power especially at 3-4k rpm... Very noticeable added power that wasnt there before!! This morning I installed my 2.93 with the pulley tune and its safe to see that there was an even bigger gain..:thumbsup: Predator is the REAL DEAL!! :rolling:

Dave

Zinc03

Established Member
I got mine Friday and installed a few hours later and made a test drive that evening. Traction was a major issue, it had rained that morming and I just chalked it up the being overcast and the roads not drying out completely. I went out again tonight, no rain today, same issues it is amazing that my car is that much stronger @ 3000-4000 rpm. I am going to put off the chip for now and focus on suspension and tires. The preditor is impressive.

03CobraFreak

Established Member
Originally posted by Zinc03
I got mine Friday and installed a few hours later and made a test drive that evening. Traction was a major issue, it had rained that morming and I just chalked it up the being overcast and the roads not drying out completely. I went out again tonight, no rain today, same issues it is amazing that my car is that much stronger @ 3000-4000 rpm. I am going to put off the chip for now and focus on suspension and tires. The preditor is impressive.

Are you stock?

Which tune did you use?

peterjmc

Azn SVT Own3r
Established Member
Can you make adjustments to things other than... ???

- Idle: Will adjust for both Drive and Neutral
- Axle Ratio: Can adjust from a 0.0 up to a 5.0 in .1 increments
- Cooling Fans: Will adjust both ON and OFF in 1 degree increments up/down, for high speed ECT 1 ON, ECT 2 ON, and ECT OFF, and low speed ECT ON and ECT OFF.
- Fuel Base: Will adjust from -15% to +15% for PE mode
- Spark Advance (Timing): Will adjust from from -10% to +10% for PE mode
- Rev Limit: Will adjust for both Rev Limit drive and Rev Limit neutral. Allows user to adjust ON/OFF rev limits, for each individual gear, in 50 rpm increments. Allows up to 6800 on 2003 Cobra.
- Traction Control: Turn traction control on/off
- OBDII: Allows turning of Bank 1 and 2 Rear Oxygen Sensor ON/OFF, or ALL O2's ON/OFF
- Wheel/Tire Sizing:
- Shift Adaption (duration):
- Shift Points (MPH):
- Shift Points (RPM):
- Shift Pressure:

Pyro

Established Member
I got mine last week and switched out the 2.93 for the 2.80 and installed the "Diablo Pulley" tune. I had some detonation at WOT since I was running a lb. or so higher than Diablo's 12-14 psi spec. I just retarded timing and the audible ping is gone. Now I'm just waiting for a dyno run. All I can say is that my Sumi 315/35/17's are cutting loose like they are 215's. I light them up in 2nd gear going 20 mph. Nittos may be necessary now or 335's. Now I have to take WOT much more seriously. 1/2 throttle is scary enough. Nice problem to have. I cant wait for a dyno pull (or two). The Predator is definitely the real deal.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Ok all this predator talk has to stop. Im getting jealous I want one now :p i think im going to order one first thing monday morning along with a pulley. Just done know which size yet

Dave

King03Cobra

Established Member
I ordered mine here...

Yep, me too.....

BTW - I've never seen another 03 Cobra in The Colony so this is cool

My son has a friend in The Colony who's Dad has a Red 03, but I haven't seen it yet. And sure I'd like to hook up some time, it's good to know there's another 03 in town.

These cars are amazing, anywhere I go in town you see heads turn when you cruise by. :)

lethal

Established Member
Originally posted by Pyro
I got mine last week and switched out the 2.93 for the 2.80 and installed the "Diablo Pulley" tune. I had some detonation at WOT since I was running a lb. or so higher than Diablo's 12-14 psi spec. I just retarded timing and the audible ping is gone. Now I'm just waiting for a dyno run. All I can say is that my Sumi 315/35/17's are cutting loose like they are 215's. I light them up in 2nd gear going 20 mph. Nittos may be necessary now or 335's. Now I have to take WOT much more seriously. 1/2 throttle is scary enough. Nice problem to have. I cant wait for a dyno pull (or two). The Predator is definitely the real deal.

Odd, I have the 2.8 pulley, and the Diablo tune was developed on my car... works for me. I'm generating 13.5 lbs boost max, what are you maxing out at?

John

Users who are viewing this thread