carguy96

Established Member
So I was preparing to install MM caster camber plates on my Cobra, and found out the previous owner of my car decided when he lowered the car without CC plates, he’d just drill out bigger holes to adjust alignment.
So, I have watched a number of videos on how to install MM CC plates, and everyone says that you take the factory plate off, flip it and line up to drill the 4th hole for the plate.
So my question now is what the heck do I to install the CC plates without having the original hole positions to work from?

carguy96

Established Member
If it were me, I would like the 3 holes up I'm the center, and then mark #4
Thanks for the advice. I’m trying to ensure that I do this as best I can I order to get proper alignment.
Man I wanna smack the previous owner. You go to the trouble of lowering the car, have the suspension disassembled and you don’t wanna spend a little more to do it right.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for the advice. I’m trying to ensure that I do this as best I can I order to get proper alignment.
Man I wanna smack the previous owner. You go to the trouble of lowering the car, have the suspension disassembled and you don’t wanna spend a little more to do it right.

If you look closely at the elongated holes, does some of the edge look untouched? Or did he just round out the entire hole?

carguy96

Established Member
If you look closely at the elongated holes, does some of the edge look untouched? Or did he just round out the entire hole?
Some of the edge does indeed look “untouched”. Should I work off of there?

Snk-Byet01

Established Member
I will definitely try that. Thanks for the advice.
You will have plenty of room for adjustments if the CC plates are a little off. My biggest issue was putting on the washers / spacers in a sequence that didn't cause the top of the shocks to hit the hood. The recommendations from MM didn't work for me. YMMV.

carguy96

Established Member
You will have plenty of room for adjustments if the CC plates are a little off. My biggest issue was putting on the washers / spacers in a sequence that didn't cause the top of the shocks to hit the hood. The recommendations from MM didn't work for me. YMMV.
What do you mean? Why would the top of the shocks hitting the hood be an issue? I can’t reallt see how they’re going to come in contact with one another.
Oh man just another thing to worry about.

01yellercobra

Established Member
What do you mean? Why would the top of the shocks hitting the hood be an issue? I can’t reallt see how they’re going to come in contact with one another.
It all depends on how you stack the bushings. You'll see when you install the plates. Its talked about in the instructions.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
If you use the spacers in the wrong manner, the top of the strut can come in contact with the bottom of the hood.
I forget how they are supposed to go. Maybe it was one large spacer and one small above the fender, and 2 large spacers below? That was over 10 years ago.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Happened to my 98, the previous guy had installed them wrong and it had worn into the fiberglass on the Cervini hood. Not enough to do any damage besides cosmetic underneath but still...

carguy96

Established Member
Happened to my 98, the previous guy had installed them wrong and it had worn into the fiberglass on the Cervini hood. Not enough to do any damage besides cosmetic underneath but still...

Ok good to know, thanks. First time I’m messing with suspension on a car so I appreciate the tips.
Would like to keep my hood in good condition if I can.

carguy96

Established Member
Another question regarding the MM CC plates...
What is the difference between MM CC plates mmcc9994 and mmcc0304?
Is there actually a difference?

52merc

Established Member
The plates themselves are the same. The difference is in the additional parts for installing the struts. The MMCC0304 are for Bilstein stuts which were OE only on the 03-04 Cobras. The MMCC9994 have the attachment hardware for the regular OE stuts on all the other Mustangs.

Users who are viewing this thread