Installing firewall adjuster????

bornatiger

Established Member
Doing it this weekend. I have the instructions and I'm pretty sure I can handle it. The instructions don't say anything about the "sleeve" (billet), that came with the adjuster. It slides in to the adjuster on one side so I know it goes there. Anything else I need to know about this "sleeve" during install? Do I put the sleeve in, then the cable, and that's it?
I'm installing a quadrant too, but that is pretty straight forward.

TIA
Brian

White96svt

Established Member
The sleeves use depends on the cable that you have. If you have the stock cable then yes, you put the sleeve into the adjuster and then the cable through the sleeve/adjuster. If you purchased a kit like the Steeda one that comes with a new cable, then you wouldn't use the sleeve. The new after market cable is larger and makes up for the difference between the adjuster and stock cable size. If you run into any trouble and need help let me know. I'm putting my car back together today so I can snap some pics of my setup if you need a reference. :beer:

LDC2335

Established Member
go under the car and take off the clutch cable cover on the tranny(drivers side). After you get it all installed, adjust till kinda tight and then go under the car and check if the trow out bearing is engaged. adjust firewall adjuster till its as tight/close as you can get with out engaging the TOB when the clutch pedal is released(not pressed).

You'll need a flashlight and tiny hands or a long screw driver to reach in the hole and see if its spining freely.

having it engaged all the time is the quickest way to have your TOB and possibly your clutch go out quickly. I should be like the pic below. the blue lines being the fingers on the pressure plate.

Reference pics(not mine)
34915d1322331764-clutch-works.png

Harder to see on this centerforce because of the weights, but you get the idea, they shouldnt touch all the way when pedal is released
attachment.php

Last edited:

bornatiger

Established Member
Thanks LDC, I will definitely use that info.
What I am more curious about is what the stock cable looks like after you remove the pieces, right before you slide it in the adjuster. Anyone got a pic of that? lol
This is what I'm working with:
2upcrrp.jpg

Zacharyx

Established Member
I just tossed a cable I had that was already trimmed or I would get you a pic

Helomech74

Established Member
Go on Maximum Motorsports website and look up the install directions for their firewall adjuster. It has pictures of what a stock cable looks like that's been modified to fit, along with instructions on how to modify it.

bornatiger

Established Member
Done!

Took about 1 1/2hrs. Very straight forward once you get started. The longest part was getting the plastic piece off the cable. The pedal is so much lighter now!

Once again, thanks to all who helped. SVTP is awesome!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread