installing injectors

DoubleClutch

Established Member
Greetings SVTP community,
My 14 GT is going E85 soon and i recently received my injectors, the LU47s. Ive googled and searched here, albeit briefly, and i cant seem to come up with a write up or anything on how to swap the injectors. Consensus is its rather easy, which im sure it is, but id like to know as much as i can before i get to it. If anyone has a link or any advice or personal experiences they can share i would appreciate it.
Thank you!

Tx5.0

Established Member
You take off the fuel rail. Unclip the OEM injectors, put in the new ones. Replace the clips and set the injectors back in their place. Its a really easy job.

2003mach1

Established Member
Yeah, pretty easy job. I use compressed air to blow around the bottom of the injectors before you take them out to get all the dirt away so it doesn't fall in when you pull them out.

Zona14Stang

Established Member
I have pictures on my build thread link is at the bottom of my sig. I ended up taking the blower off could not easily get at a bolt easily under the gen 2 case.
Opps just realized you don't have a SC. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

captain slow5.0

Established Member
There's definitely a video out there somewhere. I know I've seen it. Might have been in the CJPP install of the supercharger on Bills car.

DoubleClutch

Established Member
Thank you all for the replies! From what i gather its pretty straight forward; looks like theres a few nuts/bolts holding the fuel rail insulation foam on, another few nuts/bolts holding the rails, then the rails and injectors pull off as one. a quick question; do i need to "depressurize" the system before unhooking the fuel line from the fuel rail?
Thanks again.

cb900f

Established Member
Thank you all for the replies! From what i gather its pretty straight forward; looks like theres a few nuts/bolts holding the fuel rail insulation foam on, another few nuts/bolts holding the rails, then the rails and injectors pull off as one. a quick question; do i need to "depressurize" the system before unhooking the fuel line from the fuel rail?
Thanks again.
If you pull the FPDM in the trunk off then start the car, it will remove a lot of pressure in the rails. Motor will die of course and thats normal.

DoubleClutch

Established Member
Yeah, out of everything I've read there wasn't a consensus on whether or not depressurizing the system was really necessary. Thanks for all the info folks, I appreciate it!

helloWorld

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread