Installing MagnaFlow X-pipe at home???

2003snake

Established Member
So how do you?? Post pics instead of links.....

I went through the trouble of converting them to Gifs, and sizing them down from +- 800 K to less than 80 K

J.

Mordeth

Established Member
Hey 2003snake,

Thanks for taking the time to post those! Much appreciated.

As for why they show up as attachments, it's because you are using the attachment feature of the forum, which basically allows you to upload certain types of files to the server for viewing, download etc(within certain size and file extension limitations). Here is a description

The administrator may allow you to use the attachment feature of this board, which gives you the ability to attach files of certain types to your posts. This could be an image, a text document, a zip file etc. There will be a limit to the file size of any attachments you make, as the board should not be used as an extension of your hard disk!

To attach a file to a new post, simply click the [Browse] button at the bottom of the post composition page, and locate the file that you want to attach from your local hard drive.

Only certain types of files may be attached: these are the valid file extensions for files to be attached to this board: gif jpg bmp txt doc xls .

After posting, the attachment will show up in the body of your message. To view the contents of the attachment (if it is not already displayed) simply click the filename link that appears next to the attachment icon .

Now, if you are slick, you could do something like this:

attachment.php

Mordeth

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Nice GT, but I can't get past the '98 Cobra wheels on a '99-up body style... Too weird... Maybe I just am in '98 Cobra withdrawl...won't last long :-D

ronreid03

Established Member
I just die this install yesterday (8/24) in my garage with the car on Jackstands. Took about 1.5 hours start to finish. My car has only 400 miles on it so galling hasn't set in yet. I used hand tools (3/8" drive). I used a swivel, a 12" extension (would've liked it to be a bit longer), a 15mm deep well socket (12 point but 6 would've been better) on the manifold end and 14 mm on the catback end.

The o2 sensors upstream of the cats were very tough to disconnect and reconnect; that was the hardest part of the whole job. Otherwise it wasn't too tough. Some WD40 really helped on the passenger side nuts.

All in all, as someone else said, it's a good "bonding" experience with your car. Otherwise, unless you can't afford the $50, have a professional do the job!

Ron Reid
03 Zinc Yellow Convertible

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Not too bad a job

Greetings,
I've put an x-pipe in and taken it out...

Last time was just last night. About 45 minutes total. Did have a buddy lending a hand.

I had the use of a lift.

Everyone has covered the tool sizes.

The lowering the pipe a little bit to get the driver's side connection for the upstream 02 sensors is about a must.

Two things I saw that weren't mentioned.

Replace the lead gasket. You CAN reuse it.. but if it doesn't work.. guess what... you have a leak. They are cheap.. Ford can get them in about 2 days. (shrug) nickle more to go first class.

The "studs" on the rear of the h-pipe/x-pipe. My Bassani x-pipe didn't have them so I had to take them off the factory h-pipe. (on my 2001.. I get the 2003 this weekend)

Not particularly hard to do.. just time consuming.

I didn't find it a very tough job.. however.. it is "interesting" working on a motor that isn't entirely cool! <G>

Users who are viewing this thread