Installing Nittos

vbguy01

Established Member
For those of you that put the Nitto 315/35/17 on your stock rims, did you have a hard time (or any problems) finding a shop to install them. I've talked to a few already that aren't sure if their machines can put them on and I don't want to trash the rims. Thanks.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
If you say 315 they are going to automatically say they will not fit. They are not normal 315s they are actually about a normal 285.

mystic1

KB'd BITCH!!!!
Established Member
What toofast4u, tire jockeys think they are to big, but they are not. I have not had a problem with mine and they have been on for about 2,000 miles. Make sure to do a little tire pressure adjustment on them. I run mine at about 26psi and they seem to hook very well in almost every case. At the track I dropped them down to about 20psi and they hook very hard.

akaeric

Established Member
What size wheel? I just put 315's on SVT 10 1/2 wheels and they hit the bolt just like every body ssaid it would. I put Steeda 1 inch extensions on. I'm not sure I like it or not they stick out of the fender well a little bit. Not bad it looks like the old hot rods. I'm waiting for the suspension to settle down. I might go ahead and grind the bolt down. I don't know you said you used stock wheels which were 9 inch wheels is that right?

predator

Established Member
Wow! Don't understand that. The stock wheels are 17x9. I have my 315s mounted on my chromies and have had absolutely NO issues running 26psi on the street.

vbguy01

Established Member
I think I'll take them in to some shops and see what they say. A few shops have told me over the phone that they would have to look at the tire and wheel to be sure if they could do it or not. And yes I am talking about putting them on the stock wheels. 17x9.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
They fit fine on the stock rims and there are no clearance issues when mounted on the stock rims. Any tire/wheel shop that sells decent quality products should be able to mount and inside balance those puppies without damaging them.....But, I'd hang around and watch the install anyway!

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by akaeric
What size wheel? I just put 315's on SVT 10 1/2 wheels and they hit the bolt just like every body ssaid it would. I put Steeda 1 inch extensions on. I'm not sure I like it or not they stick out of the fender well a little bit. Not bad it looks like the old hot rods. I'm waiting for the suspension to settle down. I might go ahead and grind the bolt down. I don't know you said you used stock wheels which were 9 inch wheels is that right?

That is due to the wheel offset being wrong not the width of the tire.

vbguy01

Established Member
Well, the Nittos went on today without a hitch. All I can say is DAYUM! These things hook better than the broads on the corner of fifth and main. Sweeeett. Highly recommend.:rockon: :rockon:
:beer: :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread