Installing oil separator after 11k mi question

DallasBoss

Established Member
I'm installing a JLT oil separator on my Boss that has 11k miles on it already. Should I be concerned about oil build up inside my intake with my mileage? Will any oil build up clear out on its own eventually or do I need to clean it? I'm about to tune and don't want to any fuel octane degradation due to oil build up.

alex12gt

Established Member
I don't think you should really have anything to worry about I highly doubt its dumping mass amounts of oil in

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
You'll benefit from higher octane. I wouldn't worry about the buildup.

CW1343

Established Member
You shouldn't have anything to worry about. I've had mine on since 2K miles, and am now at 10K. It hasn't collected all that much, and I do a decent amount of "spirited" driving.

ExTurbo

Established Member
interesting, i realize its only a small amount of oil entering the intake at any point. I never thought the oil could do any harm as im sure ford is aware of the blowby issue and doesnt seem to think it would hurt reliability. I always thought guys just did it for the engine eye candy and because they didnt like oil collecting in strange places. This actually gives me a reason to do it other than aesthetics.

mbreaux05

Established Member
Is it necessary to do driver side oil separator as well?? I know most only do passenger.

Looking to go tvs here in the near future, and want to do as much as I can to ensure longevity of the car!

greenscobie86

Established Member
I just picked up the passenger side. In my opinion that alone should be sufficient for a nearly stock car.

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
Is it necessary to do driver side oil separator as well?? I know most only do passenger.

Looking to go tvs here in the near future, and want to do as much as I can to ensure longevity of the car!

I picked up the drivers side after JLT revised the filter a few weeks ago. I emptied the passenger side when I installed the drivers side so
I can compare the two.

Users who are viewing this thread